John? What's the deal?? (1 Viewer)

smokey

Nitro Member
Being a huge NHRA fan from canada and attending multiple races each year,i believe John Force at least needs to make a statement to his many loyal fans,his teams intentions for the rest of the year.I don't care if he doesn't want to give reasons why they are not racing,and i don't care to be honest,but i believe he owes it to the ton's of fans like me who make plans and travel great distances and spend alot of money to come watch the greatest sport NHRA on earth,his intentions for at least the remainder of this season.If there not gonna race JUST TELL US so we can plan our trips to the track.My rant is over,thamk you.

My GUESS is he isnt racing bc of purses being lowered?? Will come back when purses go up? Prob doesnt want to or was told not to say anything from sponsors or nhra or both not to say anything??

John's a smart dude and nobody's fool. I think he's waiting to see if the season continues beyond this weekend. Bringing back all the employees and reopening just to shut down in a couple of weeks would be a huge waste of money that no one has. Even if they continue racing he saves money by not starting up until the season gets in full swing. Probably a month or more of overhead.

I'm kinda like Sgt. Schultz " I know nothing" but I suspect he won't be back until Topeka. Older guys will remember Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Hero's. From what I understand Denver and Brainerd are kinda questionable at this point so I don't think he will shoot craps on them running.

He may not have anything definitive to say just yet, and feels better waiting. We do know for sure, we'll hear from him at some point.

Being a huge NHRA fan from canada and attending multiple races each year,i believe John Force at least needs to make a statement to his many loyal fans,his teams intentions for the rest of the year.I don't care if he doesn't want to give reasons why they are not racing,and i don't care to be honest,but i believe he owes it to the ton's of fans like me who make plans and travel great distances and spend alot of money to come watch the greatest sport NHRA on earth,his intentions for at least the remainder of this season.If there not gonna race JUST TELL US so we can plan our trips to the track.My rant is over,thamk you.
this message could be for the NHRA just as much as for JF...

If I were John I would put out a statement that simply says the fans need to ask the NHRA what it's worth to the sanctioning body to have JFR out there...they seem to like advertising all the carnage that nitro produces but aren't willing to compensate the teams for the costs

Last edited:
Maybe he just doesn’t want to risk the health and safety of his family and the many people he’s surrounded himself with. He’s no young buck anymore LOL

John doesn’t owe you a damn thing, neither would Don or Connie if they did the same thing. Make your decision to go/not go assuming he won’t be there. If your attendance hinges on one team, you’re likely not the fan you think you are anyways and may just want to save your cash.

The silence is deafening. :(

I agree.

I understand the whole, "nobody owes anybody" argument, but you have to admit, it's odd that the most prolific name in the sport has had nothing to say. VERY odd. We're talking about a guy who can talk for an hour and not say anything, so at the very least, I'm surprised we haven't at least gotten a little empty babble out of him.

Sean D

I'm going to guess that JFR is not going to compete again in 2020. With the Countdown being eliminated every round counts. JFR does not come out to participate. They race to chase championships and missing any races at this point ruins JFR's chances at a title.

A couple of theories off top of my head: 1. His sponsors don't want him to say anything at this time or 2. NHRA wants him to stay quite in hopes it won't run off fans if he says he's out. One of these days he'll be ready to talk and do so.

Maybe he just doesn’t want to risk the health and safety of his family and the many people he’s surrounded himself with. He’s no young buck anymore LOL

Yes, but it's been pointed out elsewhere on here that the Forces have not exactly been huddled in the basement during this. They have gone on vacations and to other races. And one could hardly say that the event last weekend was high risk- NHRA is using an abundance of caution, to say the least. It seems likely that financial considerations are driving this.

With the rumor that NHRA will pull the plug on 2020 after this weekend. Maybe he figured why spend my own money for two races that won’t mean anything in the big picture.

I dont have anything to offer other than a random hypothesis...

From what I know of John...hes not a quitter and isnt afraid of damn near anything aside from hurting his family, friends, sponsors or the the sport...in that almost exact order.

If you remember, after losing Eric and almost losing his life in dallas...he fought back...he won another championship...he could have called it a day and gone and swam in his pool with his grandkids at the top of mt. force in yorba linda and told us all to find a new guy to beat up or love, depending on your persausion
...he didnt.

He also doesnt owe anything to anyone other than what he tells himself he does..which in my opinion is very telling in itself...he probably thinks he "owes" drag racing fans that are either his super fans or super haters...he loves both groups equally from what I know.

Back to my thought. John has some very high level sponsors. He will do what it takes to look out for their best interests, and my guess is he may know something we dont.

I want this country reopened right now..but until the election is held, facts dont matter, amd why would he risk everything to come back out then get shut down, get restarted, get shut down again and have 112 corporate zoom calls to explain the insanity we are living through, when he can wait out the storm and come back better than ever at P1 and preserve his crews livelyhoods, his sponsors money, and all that hes built for the sport and his own personal preservation.

From what I know...Force is the last person to run from this current situation..he's usually playing chess while his critics cant figure out how to open the box that the checkers came in...

flame away

No matter if you love Force, hate Force, or are somewhere in between, the fact neither JFR nor NHRA are saying anything makes me think there is trouble in paradise in Glendora.
JFR is about all NHRA has hung their hat on for several years now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back