John Force vs the Slip-tube chassis (1 Viewer)

NO!
The NHRA will not allow any suspension systems in funny car. Scotty Cannon had some amazing set-ups to keep the chassis rigid, but allow a touch of travel in the front wheels. They would not even look at his working prototype. They were quite opposed to any idea there. Safe or not. He also had ideas of changing the back half of the chassis. Again. Safe or not, no chance. (I think the actual quote was "Don't you dare bring that junk to one of our race tracks.")
Unless something drastic happens, or one of NHRA's super buddy buddy list comes up with the same exact thing, it will not happen.

Remember when they started using the swing arm in pro mod? It was a step AWAY from suspension, while still being able to say that the car had suspension.

I keep hearing rumors that Plueger is building two nostalgia funny cars. but at the moment I just wish he would weld up our block from our last little 'Oops'. We MAY learn how to run alcohol...someday and many bucks later. BTW, on the Plueger deal I've not been able to confirm but one of those two nostalgia chassis might be for Pulde? Sure wish I could confirm that.

Now this might sound weird, but my understanding is that John's car was "shipped" as a slip tube, and was welded at John's shop to be ridged.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back