Joe Mondello passes (2 Viewers)

Jim

Nitro Member
Joe had long been active in the Oldsmobile community in general and more recently in the GMC Motorhome community.
-----------------------
From the GMC Forum:
--------------------
"It is with deepest regret that I tell you of the passing of Joe this morning. Mary asked me to tell his GMC friends. I don`t know any details other than He did take a bad turn after His surgery.
Please keep Mary and family in your prayers. I was fortunate to live close and had grown very fond of Joe. I will miss Him very much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C. Boyd
76 Crestmont by Midas
East Tennessee"

Joe had a tremendous amount of knowledge on cylinder heads and how to maximize head air flow and HP.

He also was very generous in passing that information on through his classes and writings in various magazines and books, I was just reading one of his articles yesterday and he was really skilled in making technical information and techniques hit home with you.

This is a big loss to the racing and high performance community.

Joe, thanks for all your efforts to help us go faster over the years and for showing us how to do it without breaking the bank. I'm sure you're up there in the coolest machine shop in the world working on new ideas, so sprinkle some more knowledge down on us every once in a while when you can.

Last edited:
:(
He used to live here on the Central Coast (Paso Robles) and had a head porting school here too. I always used to see him at Bakersfield for the March Meets or Hot Rod Reunions. He was always smiling too.
I think it was last year or 2 years ago that he was the honored Grand Marshall of the race.

RIP "Papa" Joe. Tremendous legacy of knowledge and advancements in making engines better.

The Mondello family will be on our mind as we contemplate with deep reflection the loss of Drag Racing LEGEND and master of the cylinder head Joe Mondello. The National Hot Rod Association shares their thoughts on the passing of Legend Joe Mondello at the web-link provided below:

Cylinder-head legend Mondello dies

Oh No!! This really saddens me. :(

He was my hero, man. I've got one of his bumpsticks along with a double roller timing set in my ragtop. He said it was a better cam than the fabled ram air cam from Olds, and man was he right!

RIP Joe. You will be missed. :(

Gonna miss his phone calls to the shop, I was lucky enough to pick his brain for hours.

RIP Joe Say Hi to Jack for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back