Joe Amato - 1987 (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
Photo taken at the Southern Nationals in 1987.

MEMORIES.

AMATO.jpg

that era combination (et & mph) with a 300" chassis and mono wing on 90%.
how's that sound?

That is one slick looking dragster, I've got a picture somewhere of a matching Mustang Nitro Funny with Amato's name on it.:D

Joe always had some of the cleanest, best looking and detailed equipment on the tour. Loved his candy apple red dragsters and tow rigs. Everything was always spotless.

Did anyone catch his interview last weekend? I heard him say that in hindsight, the parting of ways Tim Richards and him had may have been a mistake. Although he may have expressed that before, that's the first time I'VE heard him say that.

that era combination (et & mph) with a 300" chassis and mono wing on 90%.
how's that sound?

Joe actually ran his '87 car on and off 'till Sonoma 89. He had a new 300" car built in 88 and parked it in favor of the 87 car. It won Indy back to back in 87 and 88.

He blew the crankshaft out of it first round in Sonoma 89, and then blew it up again in the finals in the burnout against Frank Bradley. The car was parked after that, and they brought out a new 300" car for Seattle and won there and Brainerd.

Joe always had some of the cleanest, best looking and detailed equipment on the tour. Loved his candy apple red dragsters and tow rigs. Everything was always spotless.

Did anyone catch his interview last weekend? I heard him say that in hindsight, the parting of ways Tim Richards and him had may have been a mistake. Although he may have expressed that before, that's the first time I'VE heard him say that.

He also made a comment about the need for an asterisk next to the Schumacher records. I agree 1000ft records and real drag racing (read 1/4 mile) records should be separate.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back