Jim Hughes new Venture (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
This is pretty big news. Apparently the track in Tucson was on the verge of closing, which would have been a disaster. I want to congratulate Jim on his new undertaking and thank him for saving an important facility. When I lived in Phoenix, I spent a lot of time at Firebird, but also had a lot of fun at a little track called Speedworld. Speedworld has unfortunately closed. As hard as it is to build new tracks, we need to preserve the existing ones. Jim is a successful businessman who loves the sport, I'm confident he'll do great things in Tucson.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-rac...gins-new-chapter-takes-over-tucson-drag-strip

I've met Jim once and hope it works out for him. Though I've never been to Tucson myself, have had friends race there and have nothing but good things to say about the fans and facilities. Hope to one day race there myself.

Additionally, I'm hoping that the proposed track in Lake Havasu gets built. Even if they say its a 1000 ft. track.

Gino, 660, 1000, or 1320 ft., any new track is great news! I hope Lake Havisu happens as well.

Everytime I have been to Tucson, the track people have been the best. Hard to believe this track would have been closing.

Tucson has been through a few hands, some talented, some not so much. The IHRA promise of big western expansion never happened, leaving us our here like some forgotten outpost. Good thing about the return to NHRA, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Jim, Tom and John have in store for us...

Gino, come out to Willow Springs tomorrow nite. 1000' fun drags. Check it out.

Haha, what's after the 1000' I wonder?

Got the V-Tec engine out of my daily driver now and having to use our Duelly as a commuter. It's geared wrong to race those guys...but if they want to do a pull-off we can talk.

Jim has always been very nice to me. I wish him all the best in this new venture. I hope the trans Co remains solid and I hope to visit Jim at his track one day even though it is 2,000 miles away. Love that part of the country.

Tucson has been through a few hands, some talented, some not so much. The IHRA promise of big western expansion never happened, leaving us our here like some forgotten outpost. Good thing about the return to NHRA, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Jim, Tom and John have in store for us...
I found nothing about returning to NHRA. Not listed as a NHRA track, but is listed as a IHRA track as of 09/05/2015.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back