Jim Dunn - where’s the horsepower? (1 Viewer)

Talking with a source who knows, the biggest problem with Dunn's car is the driver.

so the last half dozen drivers, who drove that car were the problem also !!! . the last time dunn was competitive was about 25 years ago when kenji okazaki was at the wheel

screw u larry I am at home nothing he promotes on his car would make me purchase it he is an old has been and takes sponsor money away from upcoming drivers/teams who need it,, one minute is about business and next its about saving the old coots!! LOL its seems its always the drivers fault that is a typical response of and old coot, by the way Karamesines runs a TF dragster

screw u larry I am at home nothing he promotes on his car would make me purchase it he is an old has been and takes sponsor money away from upcoming drivers/teams who need it,, one minute is about business and next its about saving the old coots!! LOL its seems its always the drivers fault that is a typical response of and old coot, by the way Karamesines runs a TF dragster

LOL !!!....YOU COMPLETELY MISSED EVERYTHING I WROTE AND WHO SAID I WAS AN OLD COOT....BOB !!!???????.....HOLY SHIT...I DIDN'T KNOW KARAMESINES RUNS A FUEL DRAGSTER....WOW !

No inside knowledge here - just your average fan. But I suspect there are several issues. Though it appears the Dunn team is very good at attracting sponsors for a race here and a race there, I would imagine the actual funds are much less than it would appear based on the size of the signage on the car. Certainly a big help, but more or less enough to keep the team out on the tour and not enough to lean on it enough to run 3 second passes consistently. I'm sure Dunn runs on a very strict budget and could run mid to high 3's with some consistency with more $$. That would at least get him in the show more often.

I'm sure driver experience comes into play at times, but looking at their run in Q5 yesterday, no driver issues there. It looked like a good, clean run for that team, just not strong enough to get below 4.005 or whatever the bump was.

I also bet, as very complicated as these cars have become, that Big Jim could really use an additional set of eyes and ears in the crew chief department as most of the other teams have.

Maybe we'll here from Eugene for some additional behind-the-scenes insight.

I would love to know some funding a team gets, i bet done doesnt get much. Some teams prob get around 4 or 5 million,i bet done is under a mill???

Dunn's funding comes from multiple souces including some from the driver, some from the primary sponsor, some from less than full season sponsors, single race sponsors, appearance fees, and some from associate sponsors

jim dunn needs to go home and let some younger team get that sponsor money
Who's to say that someone without Jim Dunn's connections could obtain those sponsorships? He always seems to find enough money to race every year when some others are sitting home. Could it be that he is just better at obtaining sponsor money in creative ways than others which allows him to stay out there. If the sponsors were unhappy they would not be sending money his way.

Jim Dunn continues to race because he loves doing it. They don't get enough runs to compete with 3.8 et's and run their car softer to save parts. They run within their limitations. Cambell is not the best driver but brings $$$ they need. I'm sure it's frustrating.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back