Jerry Haas in a Ford P/S ????? (1 Viewer)

Cunnigham is just having fun but I would want to at least get close to making the field. He reportedly has 2 new GT 500's being built, If I had his money I would call Panella or Glidden and start being a factor. Just my .02 cents.

I'm here, been here since pretty much the beginning back in '99. LOL.
Jim is the only "team" driver.
Jerry is a really good friend of Jim's. We haven't been able to get Jim in the car since March and felt it might be a good idea to have Jerry drive for Reading and Richmond. Jim will be back in the car when we go test in January.

We are serious, and we will get closer to the field. I thought we made some good laps in Richmond, and when we come out next year we hope to be a factor.

Thomas,

I read the whole thread on Comp Plus and it looks like you guys got some good things going. You definentely have the support of fans as evidenced by the amount hits and responses that thread has, add one more to your guys list as I will definently be keeping and eye on you guys from hear on out. It takes a special person to run a Ford because as we all know they are habitual bandwagon jumpers getting on when the going is good but as long as you aren't making any headway they want give a team a second look. Good luck Team Cunnigham.

I'm not a Ford guy - I like 'em all! If someone can put together a competitive Ford Pro/Stock car, it will add to the excitement of NHRA Pro racing. As President Kennedy said, "A rising tide raises all boats." At least that's what I think he said - he was from Massachusetts and he had that accent . . .
I digress.
One point made by the posters on the other thread regarding FoMoCo's involvement may not be true; ar, at least, not provable: racing wins sell cars.
I've no doubt that it used to be true and may be again someday. I offer this anecdote as evidence.
A friend of mine was lamenting the demise of the Camaro when the production of that car was cancelled a few years ago. He asked," How could they do that? It's so popular." Alas, he had answered his own question. He had arrived that day in the new vehicle he and his bride had just purchased: a Dodge Durango.
Sadly, the Camaro was proving durable as an icon at precisely the same time that it was proving to be a slow seller. The new Mustang is an indication that the tide may have shifted. If so, the new Camaro will be a rousing success when it gets here and if the tide has not shifted again.
If we buy the cars that are winning races and encourage our friends to add them to their own shopping lists; we can plant the seed to make it happen.
There is hope on that front. My barber asked yesterday whether the "High School kids" at Bandimere Speedway were "all racing those little imports." His spirits improved when I was able to tell them that there has been a resurgence of interest in muscle cars and pony cars by the young people of today.
My step-daughter's High School graduation present will be a car she has wanted for a long time: a red Mustang. Red. Got that? Any color, so long as it's red.
So long.
Cheers,
Ed

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back