Jeff Arend wins Boise (1 Viewer)

Car running good. Win Spokane this weekend. Championship is there for the taking!!! Oh, and Jeff is booting the AA/FC down the 1320 nicely.

Car running good. Win Spokane this weekend. Championship is there for the taking!!! Oh, and Jeff is booting the AA/FC down the 1320 nicely.

The Heritage Series still has three races for the nitro cars; Spokane, Tulsa and the CHRR. So there still a lot that can happen between now and then.

With that being said, I hope the California Hustler or the Horan Team can take the championship.

Video of the finals:

Awesome racing this weekend at Firebird Raceway. Friday and Saturday night were packed. Weather couldn't have been any better in the high 70's to low 80's all weekend. Major contrast to last year when the race weekend experienced Idaho state record high temps of 112*

This was the final at Beach Bend, same results. Horan must be thinking, what do I have to do to beat this guy? heh This was really close! Interesting that Horan has the "pro mod" body while Arend drives "old school", yet side by side.

This is the last year for Horan in N/FC. Next year he is switching over to N/TF, which will be like jumping from the pan into the fire with the way the High Speed car with Mendy Fry driving has been performing.

BTW, word from the track is that NHRA President Glen Cromwell was on hand watching the action from the tower with Idaho's Governor. The track has been designated as a historical landmark.

Final round for N/TF:

Thanks! Left Boise with the points lead over Horan but not by much. Next closest besides Horan is Bobby who is over 100 points behind us and then Hodgson who is about 120. We are going to Spokane this weekend and then maybe Tulsa and for sure the CHRR. Going to drive the Russo car at Dallas/Vegas/Pomona so its going to be a busy few months starting in September!

Gino, thanks for the T/F footage from Boise. The way the camera was set, boy did it remind me of T/F when it was front engined. That Hi Speed car is a killer. What would that 5.62 equal at sea level?

Another strong outing for the California Hustler up in Spokane, where they qualified #1 and made it to the finals only to come up short by ----- that much. Here is a great shot of their first round win.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back