JCM Racing Pre-Race Report: Las Vegas 1 (1 Viewer)

JCM logo.jpg

NHRA Four-Wide Nationals Pre-Race Report
NHRA Four-Wide Nationals
Event 4 of 21
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas
April 14 – 16, 2023

Top Fuel:
TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the SCAG Power Equipment Top Fuel Dragster

Tony 1.jpg
Highlights.jpg

Recap.jpg

Noteworthy.jpg
Quotable:
“I’ve won at Vegas a lot, but have never won a four-wide trophy from either there or Charlotte. I will say, the last time that Zippy (Mike Neff) and I raced together at the Vegas four-wide event, we were literally in the lead in the finals when the car shut off. So, we’re continuing with our theme of ‘we have some unfinished business’ this weekend.
“This year, we’ve gotten better with each race, and now we finally have a car that all of us, including I’m pretty sure many of our opponents, can see the true potential. We made it down the track all four times in Pomona. Now we have a tune-up that we just need to nip at. We have four qualifying runs this weekend, which is important. Some of the tracks where you only get three, you’re always one run down and for a new team like ours, you need those four runs. So, everything is looking fantastic for this weekend. Weather is looking excellent, Vegas is always a great track.
“Pomona, man, that was a hell of a race; lost by 15-thousandths of a second, got us a good car. Zippy and I, we left there saying, ‘we made it down the track four times, we’re in a really good spot.’ We finally found the pieces that all fit together, and now we’ve just got to start adjusting them to go quicker with each run. We’re in a good, good spot going into this race. But, we’re not ignorant; we know we’ve got some really strong opponents, but we’re one of them now.”

Funny Car:
TIM WILKERSON: Driver of the SCAG Power Equipment/Levi, Ray & Shoup Ford Mustang
Wilk 1.jpg
Wilk Highlights.jpg

Quotable:
“Looking forward to heading to Vegas for the four-wides. We usually do pretty well at those deals. Our SCAG/LRS Mustang is running better each weekend, and I think we’re starting to turn a corner. We have a large group of SCAG dealers coming out, and I’m pretty excited because I don’t think any of them have seen a four-wide race before, so it’ll be fun.”

About JCM Racing:
Established in 2022, JCM Racing is a multi-car NHRA team owned by Joe and Cathi Maynard, along with their partners Eric and Kim Lehman, all of Clarksville, Tenn.
Headliners for the JCM Racing team are the SCAG Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster driven by Tony Schumacher and the SCAG Power Equipment/Levi, Ray & Shoup Ford Mustang Funny Car piloted by Tim Wilkerson. As an eight-time world champion and 86-time event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver in the history of the sport. Wilkerson is a 22-time Funny Car winner and an industry anomaly as he serves as both the driver and tuner of his 11,000-horsepower machine. NHRA Hall of Famer Don Schumacher, father of Tony Schumacher, is a minority owner of the SCAG dragster, while Tim Wilkerson Racing (TWR) co-owns the SCAG/LRS Mustang with JCM Racing.
JCM Racing also operates a driver development program, which currently lends support to three entries in NHRA’s Sportsman categories. Wyatt Wagner competes in Super Stock, Kayleigh Hill is a Super Comp racer, and Waylon Bennett tears it up in the Jr. Drag Racing League. Through the driver development program, JCM offers young talent the opportunity to hone in and perfect their driving skills as they work toward a career competing in NHRA’s professional ranks.
For more information, visit @jcmnitro on Twitter and Instagram, @JCMNitro on Facebook, and JCMNitro.com.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back