Jason Lines Journey (1 Viewer)

I have always admired this guy. He is once of the very few "evil geniuses" left in motorsports in this age of spec everything. I would love to sit down to dinner with him and John Medlen and just talk shop. I was lucky enough to spend time with evil genius Tony Miglizzi(co-founder of L&T Clutches) and his words and insights on racing mechanics and engineering still echo in my head. Tony, at the end of his career was building the must have karting clutch, told me once he developed a clutch that had three parts and would never need maintenance or replacing of parts. He said he wouldn't make any money with it, so the design went with him to the big track in the sky. I suspect Line and Medlen have a few of those "deep space" ideas.

I love it! Something about turning 40 and you think you need to have a cow.............o_O

jason's story was really good......the old video from BIR in early 90's was priceless......you go to the sportsman pits now and find the Lines, it's the exact same faces,
just a few years older, and add a racing daughter (jason's niece) .......'a cow AND a tractor'

Indy 2018
jason line.jpg

I've always had a lot of respect for Jason, as he seems to be a humble guy - not a quality commonly found in racers. There's a lot of guys who can build great engines of a particular brand, and even though the principles would carry over to other brands they don't build anything else. But Jason builds a lot of different stuff and does well with it, which is kind of Glidden-ish. And I have massive respect for anyone who can build a successful SS/AH engine!

Last edited:
I was happy to see Jason this weekend. I was surprised to see it take this long to get his first win of the year. I have much respect for his whole family, truly a drag racing family!

crap. jason was on the losing end of C/SA final yesterday. bobby brannon with 3rd indy class trophy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back