"It's just a fuel altered. They do that." Fuel Altered Photo Album (1 Viewer)

Dawn Mazi-Hovsepian does a great job both as a photographer and videographer. I have met here many times when she and husband Mark came out to the March Meet and CHRR in the past. A second generation racer, she is the daughter of Frank Mazi who raced a blown Opel GT in Comp Eliminator back it the 70's and 80's.

She doesn't keep her website up-to-date anymore, but here it is with a link to her Youtube channel: http://www.maziracing.com/

mazi1.jpg

Great videos.
I was fortunate enough to see the original Bradford's, Nanook, and Rat Trap AA/FAs, among others, back in the late '60s at the old Tucson Dragway.
It never gets old watching them.

Ted,

They are expecting some 25-30 of them next month at the CHRR including many old familiar names. All will be on a 6.00 index which makes it fair for the short wheelbase cars.

Word has it that Ron Capps will be in the Burkholder Bros. car and Jack Beckman is looking for a ride too.

Here is another video from last month at Firebird Raceway's Nightfire Nationals in Boise, ID:

Ted,

They are expecting some 25-30 of them next month at the CHRR including many old familiar names. All will be on a 6.00 index which makes it fair for the short wheelbase cars.

Word has it that Ron Capps will be in the Burkholder Bros. car and Jack Beckman is looking for a ride too.

Here is another video from last month at Firebird Raceway's Nightfire Nationals in Boise, ID:

Gino, thanks for the tip.
The original AA/FAs were the Pro Mods of the time. The fact they seldom went straight was part of the attraction.

Mike Sullivan at Lions in a 99" Fiat. Was actually a real short funny car chassis, but the car went straight for a Fuel Altered. I think they still run with maybe Mike's son as the driver? Car is longer now. I also saw the last AA/Fuel Altered Nationals at Tucson, early 1980's. That was a great race.

Bob, thanks for the photos. So cool..... The black & white photo is the car that was run at Lions. I believe it ran 7.0 at over 200, which was real competitive for the time. I've seen the car in the bottom photo as well, but not the "transformer". Awful Awful Fuel Altereds...

Mike Sullivan at Lions in a 99" Fiat. Was actually a real short funny car chassis, but the car went straight for a Fuel Altered. I think they still run with maybe Mike's son as the driver? Car is longer now. I also saw the last AA/Fuel Altered Nationals at Tucson, early 1980's. That was a great race.

Cliff,

The primer black T-bucket in the video is Jeremy Sullivan driving the family car. They switched from the traditional Fiat bodied car and that was the first time out with it. Obviously there is a difference and a learning curve involved.

For the record, my all-time favorite Altered is Rich Guasco's "Pure Hell." Several years ago he asked if I wanted to go on tour with the car, but I had to turn it down. Not a good time for me.

that was a nice pass for the PH....drove it out the back door!
To turn down a ride in an Awful/Awful must have been tough...I would do it even if I was missing an arm and a leg.....the cost of racing I guess!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back