It shouldn't be a crime to transport a race car from home to the track (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Now that I got your attention racers need to know that in order to be legal they need to pay DOT "safety" fees to legally get their car to the track. And better get use to buying all your fuel at the track while you are at it. You all need to read Ernie Saxton in the week's National Dragster but he didn't tell you the worst of it.

The guy that bought my trailer (whom I warmed about needing a CDL before he drove off with it) told me that things are so bad in Florida that the drift car guys are dropping their car off at the border and then another truck with an open trailer drives them into Florida to the track.

Is this what we want? Contact your legislators and NHRA now! It's in the best interest of NHRA to start lobbying for a motorsports carrier exemption before everyone is out of business. I figure I'm at 1500 a year to be in compliance now and your always worried about being fined. That's why I just bought a new trailer to cut back on all the issues I'm having to deal with just because I'm blessed to have a sponsor.

Last edited:
You are right on the money, Rich. Now is the time to be cornering elected officials as this is primary season. these candidates want their party's designation for the election in November. Now is the time they listen best.
However, racers must talk to them. complaining about regulations or politicians on Facebook won't feed the bulldog.
Thank you for all of your efforts to rally the troops. Best wishes for a successful season.
Cheers,
Ed

if u are not a large voting block or donating a big chunk of money your voice will fall on deaf ears, I have complained for years to our local reps about the DOT in general of several issues !!!!!!

Just saying that technically if you are on the road and a trooper or a weigh master wants to make your life miserable he can. The problem is that whether we know it or not we have all been sucked into these long haul federal trucking laws and everything is an issue now. Legally if it can win prize money or you have sponsors and you are over 10,000 GVW you are to have a USDOT NUMBER! I'm not so concerned about the guys with million dollar deals that do the tour but this is making is hard for the little guys, the grass roots racer, to compete anywhere besides his home track and even then you can get hit like I did. on top of all the other fees that have to be paid. NHRA and concerned racers need to start lobbying for an exemption or in time guys will have no choice but to race locally or to quit.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back