Is this going to be the new Pro Stock class? (1 Viewer)

Two things.

First: Why does Pro Stock need replacing? It is healthy and very competitive. Why not add another class instead of replacing anything?

Second: Since 1985 (that's 37 years folks) Pro Stock has been 500 CI 2350 lbs. NHRA hasn't made any rule since then for just one brand.

Alan
I agree; PS doesn't need replacing and I look forward to enjoying both classes. NHRA has made a couple of rule changes which indirectly affected the brands - the 10500 rpm rule instantly rendered the Dodge and Ford powered entries noncompetitive and to compensate, NHRA changed the rules to allow the DRCE to be installed in any brand, which I was fine with. Not a big deal, anyway - who cares if the Cuadras' Mustangs all run a GM based engine. The fans don't care and most of them don't even realize it.

not sure what you're not understanding.......keep sundays short, possibly run more eliminations on saturday. make saturday something more than just qualifying.
I understand what he's saying but I don't believe Factory X would add that much time to the show. All 4 rounds might add 30 minutes on Sunday at the most, and it wouldn't be that difficult to shift a few rounds/classes around to maintain the current time frame.

I agree; PS doesn't need replacing and I look forward to enjoying both classes. NHRA has made a couple of rule changes which indirectly affected the brands - the 10500 rpm rule instantly rendered the Dodge and Ford powered entries noncompetitive and to compensate, NHRA changed the rules to allow the DRCE to be installed in any brand, which I was fine with. Not a big deal, anyway - who cares if the Cuadras' Mustangs all run a GM based engine. The fans don't care and most of them don't even realize it.
I don’t think you’re giving the fans enough credit. The ones who care about having the drivetrain match the body are the ones who lead the fan exodus to the pits whenever PS is called to the lanes.
I would imagine brand allegiance still matters to most hard core fans.

I really want to see a Ford powered Ford, etc. Would also like to see Toyota (I know they have a V8 for NASCAR) and any other Mfgr who wants to race. I think this new class brings back the original idea of P/S, ie: they will look like cars you can buy, but still run a 6 second ET. There are stock cars you can buy right now that can run 9's, so I can see the owner of such a car think, hey, this is right up my alley and next thing ya know, a new entry.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back