Is Dale Brand running an NHRA Car? (1 Viewer)

Is he from Iowa? I seem to remember him running at Cordova a few years ago and speaking with him for a little while in the pits.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between IHRA and NHRA combinations for alkyhol funny car? I was at the Creek tonight, and they said he broke the existing record by .056!!

The air was PERFECT, T Smith told me the corrected altitude was 50 feet BELOW sea level. Scott Cannon cracked off a 5.99 at 240 MPH in Pro Mod!!! Robert Patrick dipped into the 20's in Pro Stock ... I believe it was a 6.29 at 223. The fuel cars never came around though ... Clay Millican pedaled it to a 4.64 @ 328 ... expect big numbers tomorrow night ... everyone has their baseline now!

I will have pics up soon.

Brand was #2 in points and held the records when he quit racing for five years - obviously he's figured out how to run a Rootes blower car with screw blower results and I have been assured his car is 100-percent legal. He makes his own heads and most of the custom parts, by the way, so we could be seeing another Alan Johnson or Brad Anderson in the making...

Yes, Rail is from Sully Iowa.

One heck of a nice guy.

EDB
OK, same guy I was thinking of. You're right, he is a real nice guy. He spent a decent amount of time chatting with me and my dad at the World Series a few years ago. I didn't realize he had quit racing for a while.

From what I heard he is running an "IHRA" legal set up.....with some new "one off parts".

Test mode is looking good!!

Like a lot of potent innovators over the years, Dale is struggling to find consistency. He is making it interesting, to say the least. If he ever gets that car to make consistent runs, there will be a new Sheriff in Dodge!

Yes indeed, Dale (at least to me) seemed to have come from nowhere and put in some stonking runs in the last 2 races. I've heard/read quotes saying he'll be running the full schedule next year so that'll be great to see him up here.

On a less positive note, I've also heard that his shop got hit by a recent tornado - hope there's not too much damage/disruption.

On a less positive note, I've also heard that his shop got hit by a recent tornado - hope there's not too much damage/disruption.
Yes, it did get hit and it looks like it did quite a bit of damage. From the news articles I read it sounds like his place waswhere the tornado touched down first. Here's a copy/paste from another thread:

It looks pretty bad fom this article. NWS says the wind speeds were around 130 mph. There's a video on the page and about 3/4 of the way through it shows the Co-Lin facility and they speak briefly with Dale Brand.
NWS Says Twister Packed 130 MPH Winds - Weather News Story - KCCI Des Moines

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back