Investment in TV show (1 Viewer)

AC

Nitro Member
I get the whole business model of the NHRA and the deal with the tv show but instead of the NHRA stating there tv deal isnt a lucrative one like NASCAR how about looking at it as an advertisement (investment) and trying to get new fans. If the NHRA was to run one race in Indy or somewhere close for the teams with out fans now and show during the broadcast the access a fan can have in the future may be the NHRA could gain some new fans in the regions where races will be allowed to have fans. Right now nothing is on tv but NASCAR and reruns, before the world gets going again get some of the fastest racing back on TV.

Just my .02

God bless all.

I think the announcers can add to it especially without fans by explaining whats going on and how up close you can get to the action. Plus sponsors need exposure, teams need sponsors, running in iracing isnt helping.

Not the current TV announcers.

Just discussing here, but Anthony said he thinks the TV announcers need to explain what's going on and the way I read that was to be more educational. And Dave says they can't.

I know that the TV announcers (remember I am one of them) are told to try to educate as well as inform and entertain, but often it seems when they educate, some think that they shouldn't take the time to explain some of the nuances (Holeshot dropped cylinder etc.) because "Everybody knows that"

One thing you learn very early in this business is that you are never going to please everyone. And that those who don't care for you will let you know. You have to try to find a balance that the hard core fans will enjoy, and the new fans will learn because the more you understand what you are seeing, the more you will enjoy watching.

I also am willing to listen if someone wants to offer criticism. But if someone just wants to tell me that I suck? Well, Thanks for buying a ticket to tell me that.

Alan

Nah Alan,

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I've heard plenty of people say that they don't like Tony Pedregon as a person, or as an announcer. Everyone bitches about the announcers, not sure why, but I can't recall people saying that they don't like Brian Lohmes, or Alan Reinhart as a person. Tony was condescending to fans as a driver, he was hateful to Eric Medlin when Eric took over his ride, and that persona has carried over to his current gig with fans. Plus he rally isn't very good at the job.

Reading the two comp plus articles about Force and Tasca, both mentioned a possibility of having a couple races in July without fans in Indianapolis. Maybe a sponsor has stepped up to foot the bill to make it happen. I would love to see it!

Reading the two comp plus articles about Force and Tasca, both mentioned a possibility of having a couple races in July without fans in Indianapolis. Maybe a sponsor has stepped up to foot the bill to make it happen. I would love to see it!
NHRA should have a match race format for those 2 races, and stream it online, not NHRA.TV, but a stream that works and is capable of correct audio, no 1920s silent movies with constant announcer chatter over the cars.

I'd love to see a 2-night shootout at Indy that is strictly PPV! A bunch of the teams are right down the street, and I'd happily slap down the $$ to watch.
No points, just under the lights racing for 2 nights at Indy. A massive trophy, lots of hype, maybe a one-off cheque for $100k to win.
The NHRA Indy Smackdown.

Just discussing here, but Anthony said he thinks the TV announcers need to explain what's going on and the way I read that was to be more educational. And Dave says they can't.

I know that the TV announcers (remember I am one of them) are told to try to educate as well as inform and entertain, but often it seems when they educate, some think that they shouldn't take the time to explain some of the nuances (Holeshot dropped cylinder etc.) because "Everybody knows that"

One thing you learn very early in this business is that you are never going to please everyone. And that those who don't care for you will let you know. You have to try to find a balance that the hard core fans will enjoy, and the new fans will learn because the more you understand what you are seeing, the more you will enjoy watching.

I also am willing to listen if someone wants to offer criticism. But if someone just wants to tell me that I suck? Well, Thanks for buying a ticket to tell me that.

Alan
Alan that is exactley what i meant, with the lack of live sports on TV some new customers may tune in to watch NHRA drag racing for the first time. Explain a little of whats going on during the race, explain when fans are allowed back they can get this close to the nitro, etc...

Sorry Alan, this was directed at TP and Brian.

Alan
I think you do a fine Job Alan! But the one thing that drives me nuts is the Chandler sponsored cause and you constantly saying they aren’t sponsored and independently funded! I know why but it gets a bit ridiculous!
I still think to this day Steve Evans was the best but it was also during what I consider they best years of the sport!

I'd love to see a 2-night shootout at Indy that is strictly PPV! A bunch of the teams are right down the street, and I'd happily slap down the $$ to watch.
No points, just under the lights racing for 2 nights at Indy. A massive trophy, lots of hype, maybe a one-off cheque for $100k to win.
The NHRA Indy Smackdown.

They already get my NHRA.TV money ain’t paying anymore than I do!
No fans the sport will die! NHRA depends on gate money even more than sponsorship money! They have said it for decades! No fans no drag racing! Take away the pits and have people stay in their seats with the stupid tee shirt shooting idiots the sport DIES!

Bob, question for you. Would you rather have the fans stay in the stands and watch the safety safari clean up the track or have them watch them watch the stupid tee shirt shooting idiots as you call them?

Bob, question for you. Would you rather have the fans stay in the stands and watch the safety safari clean up the track or have them watch them watch the stupid tee shirt shooting idiots as you call them?
No I want to go to the pits where the action and the real cars that everybody comes to watch!

They already get my NHRA.TV money ain’t paying anymore than I do!
No fans the sport will die! NHRA depends on gate money even more than sponsorship money! They have said it for decades! No fans no drag racing! Take away the pits and have people stay in their seats with the stupid tee shirt shooting idiots the sport DIES!
ok say nhra opens back up w fans;the economy is in shambles, unemployment going up every day, what happens if fans cant afford to buy tickets?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back