INTERVIEW WITH DON SCHUMACHER (1 Viewer)

Bobby Bennett

Nitro Member

An interview with Don Schuamcher

had to look him up......shawn carlson who briefly drove alongside r. stevens in the mopar PS cars.......great pic of that youthful bunch. must be from around 2005/06?

had to look him up......shawn carlson who briefly drove alongside r. stevens in the mopar PS cars.......great pic of that youthful bunch. must be from around 2005/06?
Poor Shawn Carlson. If I remember correctly he passed in his mid 30’s not too many years after this from what I think was lifelong heart issues.

Nice read. Don seems to take a pragmatic approach to his drivers changing direction for 2022. We'll look back on the mega-team era and their success for many years to come.
Some wondered (myself included) if Don was looking to scale down for 2022, perhaps offering his drivers a good deal to purchase their teams and become satellite operations.
This story sets the record straight. Would still like to see Beckman and TJ back in the seat there one day. Roll on '22!

Good article! Just wondering about Don's stepdaughter Megan. If I remember right there was alot of press and publicity of her being primed and poised to be the "heir apparent" of DSR. I know she has married and recently gave birth to a baby. Is she still involved as VP of Operations with DSR?

another great interview with don posted on dragzine today. we may never see a single team that large again. i'm happy to have watched it grow from it's beginning.
also see today a 3rd addition to dsr fss stable.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back