INDY: Racing Ends Early (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
Top Fuel and Funny Car qualifying were successfully completed and four pairs of Pro Stock cars had made their runs, when NHRA determined that the track was no longer acceptable for racing. The dew point had been reached and the moisture on the track made further qualifying impossible.

None of the eight cars that ran were able to bump into the field.

A revised schedule will be posted when available

Got to see Beck man repeat his 4.05 had the candles lit all the way down track. And got to huff some NITRO FUMES. Also had the wife with me for the first time, she was a good sport as I was running from warm up to warm up.

Got to see Beck man repeat his 4.05 had the candles lit all the way down track. And got to huff some NITRO FUMES. Also had the wife with me for the first time, she was a good sport as I was running from warm up to warm up.

Dick,

Will you be around for the rest of the weekend? Would be nice to meet you, and talk Fuel Bike Racing :)

Mike

Dick,

Will you be around for the rest of the weekend? Would be nice to meet you, and talk Fuel Bike Racing :)

Mike
No not this time we are on the way further south on vacation. You guys interested in Top Fuel bikes should catch the Manufacturers Cup race at SGMP in Valdosta Ga.this November Haltech World Finals – November 9-11, 2012 | Manufacturers Cup
I was wanting to make a mater meeting but got there late.
Peter Swensson is supossed to bring his Top Fuel bike to this race , not 100% sure if the logistics have been figured out .

Last edited:

Nice! I did the same thing to my wife at Gainesville 2007 for her first event. Although after the first dose of it, she steered clear of it. She loves going to the races though, just not inhaling nitro :cool:

My wife got her first dose of Nitro at the Night of Fire at Norwalk last year.
We were standing at my usual spot (when I am not crewing) behind Larry McBride TFB and after the Nitro started flowing I looked around , didn't see her, found her at the front of the pit wiping her eyes and blowing her nose.

She didn't kill me for not giving her notice of what was going to happen.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back