In-N-Out Burger's success upsetting their neighbors (1 Viewer)

mike cummings

Nitro Member
Their beef isn't with the burger.

Merchants near some Southern California In-N-Out Burger restaurants say their gripe is with growing traffic jams at drive-through lanes that are keeping customers from getting in and out of their stores.

Long lines of idling cars whose occupants are waiting for made-to-order double-doubles, fries and chocolate shakes sometimes spill into streets and block driveways and alleys, according to owners of adjacent businesses.
Neighbors have a beef with In-N-Out - Los Angeles Times

It's a problem for In-N-Out, but a good problem..

I just don't get the fascination with these burgers.
The In & Out here in town is also packed all the time.
I went on Monday and ordered 2 double-doubles no cheese.
Ate one, and was like, "Meh, no mas".

I did not know about the Canoga Park Krispy Kreme closing.
I used to go to that one sometimes.
KK closed a bunch of stores. Lost the one in Oxnard too.

I do love Tommy's burgers tho.

Mike, did ya catch the fireworks vid from March meet I posted? :eek:

On the traffic:

There are more than a few Chick Fil A's around this area where around lunchtime the drive thru line goes out the parking lot and onto a lane of traffic. Limiting 2 same direction lanes to 1. I've seen them 6 deep on the road.

The Starbuck's is like that on the feeder of Hillcroft and 59S. Cars are always snaked out onto the feeder road. It's just past Hillcroft going north, so sometimes it blocks the main intersection.

Paul, a Double Double without cheese is just a Double.

We have a new Tommy's about to open up in Lake Forest, but I can only handle that place once a year.

Thx for the fireworks video. I saw a few specialized shells in it that we use at Disneyland during the Haunted Mansion sequence of the show.

Is there a Tommy's around Walnut Creek or San Fransisco area? I'm going to be down there in June & would love a Tommy burger!

I don't see SF or WC on the Tommy's list of locations. Only SoCal.
They do have immitators, maybe there is one.

On the traffic:

There are more than a few Chick Fil A's around this area where around lunchtime the drive thru line goes out the parking lot and onto a lane of traffic. Limiting 2 same direction lanes to 1. I've seen them 6 deep on the road.
I'd just about kill for a couple Chick-Fil-A sandwiches right now. I haven't had one since I moved to Oregon 5 1/2 years ago. :( Best damn chicken sandwich I've ever tasted! We only had one at Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids, IA but I used to stop there quite regularly just to buy a couple sandwiches and some waffle fries and hit the road to work.

OH MY GOSH......IN-N-OUT IS THE BOMB!!! I grew up in So Cal and it's ALWAYS been a favorite. And going to the races we had to get In n out! It was a MUST. I love when they had the in n out car and they had one at Pomona!!! It was the BEST!

You should order French Fries Animal Style!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!

Neighbors have a beef with In-N-Out - Los Angeles Times

It's a problem for In-N-Out, but a good problem..

Let's talk about idling vehicles and #&*@!!! HOV lanes! How much extra pollution is caused by making vehicles sit still while a very small percentage are allowed to whiz by just because they're willing and able to find some a$$hole to ride to work with.

Why shouldn't trucks be allowed to use those lanes? Aren't those about the most INEFFICIENT vehicles that you could cause to have to sit and crawl instead of being in a higher gear. Why punish a commercial vehicle when they couldn't get a freaking rider if they wanted to?

Maybe I should be able to stop at a bus stop and pick up a passenger in exchange for being able to use an HOV lane! How many empty semi truck passenger seats go down our highways every day? Split your gas savings with me and let me use the faster lane. There you go. I just saved the country fuel and pollution. I bet most of this generation never saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre so, they just might get in. :)

I forget what comedian said that. He said he wants to keep a copy of that movie in his glovebox. When he sees a hitchiker, he said he wants to stop, give them the copy, and tell them "Someday when you get a job, a life, and VCR, pop this in and watch it!" before speeding off! :D

Last edited:
Let's talk about idling vehicles and #&*@!!! HOV lanes! How much extra pollution is caused by making vehicles sit still while a very small percentage are allowed to whiz by just because they're willing and able to find some a$$hole to ride to work with.

Why shouldn't trucks be allowed to use those lanes? Aren't those about the most INEFFICIENT vehicles that you could cause to have to sit and crawl instead of being in a higher gear. Why punish a commercial vehicle when they couldn't get a freaking rider if they wanted to?

Maybe I should be able to stop at a bus stop and pick up a passenger in exchange for being able to use an HOV lane! How many empty semi truck passenger seats go down our highways every day? Split your gas savings with me and let me use the faster lane. There you go. I just saved the country fuel and pollution. I bet most of this generation never saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre so, they just might get in. :)

I forget what comedian said that. He said he wants to keep a copy of that movie in his glovebox. When he sees a hitchiker, he said he wants to stop, give them the copy, and tell them "Someday when you get a job, a life, and VCR, pop this in and watch it!" before speeding off! :D
Never could understand why they take from 20% to 33% of the roadway and give it to 2% of the traffic. Then they put in metering lights that lets cars enter faster than the traffic is moving. Just more goverment waste.

Never could understand why they take from 20% to 33% of the roadway and give it to 2% of the traffic. Then they put in metering lights that lets cars enter faster than the traffic is moving. Just more goverment waste.

Yeah, my apologies for the rude thread derailment but, as soon as I saw the word "idling" it hit a sore spot. If enough people could get a "friend" (there, is that better?) to ride with them for the HOV lanes to be filled then, fine, it worked. Since it didn't, open them up! That one just WAY crosses the line into social engineering for me. You're penalized because you DON'T have another person in the car with you? Made to help pay for a lane that you're not allowed to use? In the USA?

Ways To Support Nitromater