impala ss (1 Viewer)

I was just reading that. Here is an interesting quote:

"Safety changes made during production of the Monte Carlo Funny Car including a stronger carbon-fiber body, a larger burst panel to allow greater dissipation of energy from an engine explosion, and an enlarged roof-hatch escape to compensate for the increasing numbers of drivers wearing a HANS, have been incorporated into the new Chevrolet. An NHRA-mandated change to the escape hatch (which is now required on all new Funny Cars) will be an additional feature on the Impala SS."

And:

""From a safety standpoint we did a great job with the Monte Carlo and were able to roll those features into the Impala," said Engel. "A new rule from the NHRA requires a little recess on the roof hatch so that somebody from outside can get a grip and get it opened. Those hatches tend to lay pretty flat so if the driver can't open it, you need a way to open it externally.""

I, for some reason, had never really thought that you wouldn't be able to open the hatch from outside. These are fantastic changes!!

I like the new body, but hasn't Skoal worn out that paint scheme yet?!?! I personally think that they need a change, but that's just me! :D

Why does it remind me of the Dodge Avenger body?!

Maybe the PROPER front end of it?

Maybe the sexy look?

Maybe the pod looking larger and proper!?

Cheers

James

from article....
The Impala is a good looking Funny Car, and if you didn't have the big spoiler on it, it looks amazingly similar to a production car," said Engel. "A lot of people get deceived when they look at these cars because of the spoiler kind of camouflaging the car or even distorting it. But if you look at it without the spoiler it looks like a production car.

whatever.
gotta' like the safety improvements.
the middle of the hood protrudes up (firebird bodies?)
sides like monte/camaro?
good looking body.

I think the nose looks more like the prod car than any other body out there. and the roof is actually somewhat flat and not like an inverted spoon. I like it, it seems to be going in a better direction.

the modern day impala may be one of the most ugliest cars on my ugly cars list , but I am really pleased that the funny cars are starting to look like their road versions again.

I like the new body, but hasn't Skoal worn out that paint scheme yet?!?! I personally think that they need a change, but that's just me! :D
I like this color scheme a lot more than the older black/blue they had before this. The old scheme looked good but something about this scheme I just love.

I think the nose looks more like the prod car than any other body out there. and the roof is actually somewhat flat and not like an inverted spoon. I like it, it seems to be going in a better direction.

Adam,

That is a bitchen logo for your race team! Very Cool Name also. :cool:

Rapid

Best body out there by far! Tj's car looks real sweet! Can't wait to see a few more out there...

The biggest thing making the new bodies any closer to prod cars is how long the rooflines are, because they are based on 4-door cars. The blowers are almost entirely under the windshield. Hey Bruce, I was also surprised to see your stuff for sale. Sorry to see you retiring, you had some of the best looking FCs out there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back