Ihra A/fc Is A Go For 2007! (1 Viewer)

Drake Simmons

Nitro Member
NORWALK, Ohio (March 1, 2007) – IHRA announced Thursday, March 1, that Alcohol Funny Car would remain on the 2007 Nitro Jam™ schedule as a professional class. Alcohol Funny Car will run at all 12 events and include a world championship points chase.

“A lot of people worked very long, hard hours to make this happen,” IHRA President Aaron Polburn said. “Now that this is a reality, everyone can go about their business of getting ready for San Antonio.”
:D

Hey Drake - where'd you get this scoop? I didn't see anything on IHRA's page this morning. If it's true (please let it be true) it'll be great news for all of us A/FC fans. Who's their "mystery sponsor" - Knoll? How about Ethanol?

Will the rules be the same or are they going to be mandating ethanol, allowing screw blowers, etc.?

Cool stuff!! :D

Great news for the racers, the fans of the class and anyone else that was holding there breathe. The press release was very short and nothing was said about a class sponsor. Hopefully all the details will come out soon.

First, let me say that I don't know anything beyond the announcement, which I have been expecting for a bunch of weeks now.

I do know that the driver in the picture that accompanied the brief announcement was working hard trying to make this happen and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't involved in the eventual agreement.

Hopefully the details will be released soon and we can move on to important stuff, like getting the season under way.

By the way, the Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Series will be at Rockingham this weekend - so the IHRA season is already under way for the Sportsman competitors, and has been for a couple weeks already (figgered I ought to stick in a sponsor plug somewhere).

Great news for the alky racers who have stuck with the IHRA over the years. Congrats to all who worked so hard to make this happen.

First, let me say that I don't know anything beyond the announcement, which I have been expecting for a bunch of weeks now.

I do know that the driver in the picture that accompanied the brief announcement was working hard trying to make this happen and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't involved in the eventual agreement.

There's a couple of cars in that picture (if you look real close). And as Aaron said in the release: “A lot of people worked very long, hard hours to make this happen,”

Hopefully more news on the horizon.

Didn't Aaron say last year, "this class will be around for a very long time?" Guess the 8 car field should of sent out a warning shot to all of us.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back