If I order tickets for the race at Sonoma... (1 Viewer)

Live in Las Vegas, have been to every race there, yes it's a great track and my personal favorite. Two years ago my wife and I rode the Harley to Sonoma and had a great time. I suggest the main grandstands with the shade and backrests. As others have said they are set back a bit but I still had a great time and don't see that as a bad thing. All tracks have good and bad points if you look hard enough. I say go and enjoy!

You can't smell it or feel it on TV.

Dan

O.K. RICH
It seems as if you are going, no matter what we say, which is fine... I will be there as well... In my favorite hiding spot... Just me and Alan...
HOWEVER!! I am going to tell you something that is an absolute MUST!! I don't care if it is 105 degrees during the day... Once the sun starts to go down, you will think that you have been transported back to the ice age... TAKE YOUR GOOD WARM JACKET!! We have had to leave early from Friday night qualifying and RUN to the car because it gets very very cold... TRUST ME!! Do not make this one little mistake... If you sit on the pit side, it is a long haul to your car... If you sit on the sportsman side, good luck at seeing a full run without packing your patience... Either the top row, or below row 12 is my suggestion... If you or the misses is under 6'5" you will not see a thing...:mad:
TAKE A FREAKIN COAT!! You can thank me later... ;)

Sitting in the temporary bleachers or "tower side" as the track calls them will get you toasted. I always get sunbaked there. Gauranteed. You will not be able to see the top end because evryone stands up. Maybe they will angle them sometime.
Check out the live webcam
Infineon Raceway | Raceway Webcams

In the top pic, look how far away the black fence is away from the racing surface. It used to be alot closer.

I think you will be able to buy access to the return road to stand along the fence in front of the big stands.
Before you make the trek to the family section, know that it will be an additional fee to get in there.
Never tried the big grandstand. They are soooo far away from the action.

You can stand under the "comcast" sign like a bunch of us losers do:D .

Probably I will get my tix in the usual tower section of 2 or 3.
See you guys there.

Last edited:
TAKE A FREAKIN COAT!! You can thank me later... ;)

Back in the early 80's I went to a Niners game at Candlestick Park. First time I'd ever been to a game there. It was early in the football season and an unusually hot day. I had a jacket with me but decided it was so nice outside that I'd leave it in the car. Bad mistake. Spent the entire game freezing my tail off. So no need to tell me twice because I'll definitely take your advice to heart. :D

Damn, we gonna keep missing each other again this year too? See ya at Vegas 2 then...and I`ll call ya next month while I`m sitting at our favorite little bar (right underneath the main grandstand at LVMS).

Well damn!! Yeah I'm hoping to make Vegas 2 and the Finals this year. I still haven't gotten over missing the Finals last year due to my friends wedding... maybe I'll make him and his wife buy me tickets this year :D

Have fun...will be looking forward to the call...

T :D

Good point. I usually start in shorts and end up in sweats, sweatshirt AND jacket later. I just pack them in my backpack (or use it as an excuse to go to the Nitro Mall and get a new sweatshirt! ;)

HEY!! Thats what I do :D - Yes Rich..take everyones advice..when the sun goes down...it gets COLD!!!

T :D

I always warn new people that go with us for Friday night session...bring a jacket....

A few years ago, a couple of buddies thought I was nuts. But when the sun went down, I switched to pants and a jacket, and I personally was warm!!!

One nice thing about the pit side, when it is warm out, early in the afternoon you start to get some shade, which feels good after being in the sun all day long.

And as others have said, the restrooms are very clean typically.

Good point. I usually start in shorts and end up in sweats, sweatshirt AND jacket later. I just pack them in my backpack (or use it as an excuse to go to the Nitro Mall and get a new sweatshirt! ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!
Ask Lisa about Friday night at Sonoma!!!
I never get cold but I was just a wee bit chilly last year! ;) ;) ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!
Ask Lisa about Friday night at Sonoma!!!
I never get cold but I was just a wee bit chilly last year! ;) ;) ;)

Yes, I was advised by Wayne that I only needed t-shirts and shorts for the trip! When the sun started getting low and everyone else was breaking out the sweatshirts, long pants, coats and hats, I knew I was in trouble...

SLIGHT DETOUR - Mythbusters is using Infineon's dragstrip for part of tonight's episode! Brought back some of the good memories. :cool:

Yes, I was advised by Wayne that I only needed t-shirts and shorts for the trip! When the sun started getting low and everyone else was breaking out the sweatshirts, long pants, coats and hats, I knew I was in trouble...

And he's still alive? You are one lucky guy Wayne!!!:D :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back