I got a new fridge instead of a quad core. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Some you might be saying, "Huh?"

So, I got my tax refund recently and was deciding what to spend it on.

I was originally going to spend it on upgraded my computer to a Quad core CPU and more memory....

BUT....

Our fridge is the original Sears Coldspot model 106 that came installed when the house was built. It's over 35 years old and to be frank I'm surprised it still works. Lately, it started leaking all over the ceiling part of the fridge section. So when I got my refund I knew what had to be done. The new one is a Whirlpool that is energy star qualified, so it should save on the electric bills.

It's going to be delivered in time for my mother's birthday. I figured I'd be a good son and get her something she's actually appreciate. :D

Of course, all is not lost with my computer. I finally ordered windows 7....

You may want to check with you electric company as you maybe able to get a rebate (possibly in the form of a credit on you electric bill) for that purchase as its Energy Star compliant.

A few years ago I got 2, $50 credits on mine for new A/C purchases. Best part was they were on clearance at 75% percent off the original price which made them $50 a piece..So they basically cost me nothing!

It seems those older fridge's last for ever, thought they cost a ton to run.

You may want to check with you electric company as you maybe able to get a rebate (possibly in the form of a credit on you electric bill) for that purchase as its Energy Star compliant.

A few years ago I got 2, $50 credits on mine for new A/C purchases. Best part was they were on clearance at 75% percent off the original price which made them $50 a piece..So they basically cost me nothing!

It seems those older fridge's last for ever, thought they cost a ton to run.

When I bought my mom a fridge for her birthday, we (I...since I bought it, lol) got a rebate from our electric company for upgrading it to energy star AND got a rebate for recycling our old one.

Although while I measured the space of the fridge three times, the new one was still 1/4 of an inch too wide for the space we had! We wound up having to take out the broom closet and it turned into a major project rather than a 'slide in, slide out' project.

Although while I measured the space of the fridge three times, the new one was still 1/4 of an inch too wide for the space we had! We wound up having to take out the broom closet and it turned into a major project rather than a 'slide in, slide out' project.

it wouldnt be fun if it didnt turn into a major project..lol

are u sure u made the right decision ?? i installed an i7 quadcore in my pc a few months ago and it is beyond awsome !!!! :D:D:D

i'm kidding of course, since it was for your mom, u made the right choice

Thanks for helping keep my sister employed. She's an inspection team leader at Whirpool in Amana, IA.

Here in Texas they have "tax free weekend" on energy star appliances, we bought a Whirlpool fridge and dishwasher, both were on sale and we didn't have to pay the taxes too, saved a couple hundred bucks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back