how many times? (1 Viewer)

handsome

Nitro Member
how many times will we have to watch cory mac's crash from last year during this weekends t.v. coverage. i for 1 am a little tired of watching it over the past year but on the "aniversary" of it i am sure we will see it about 10 times including slow mo's and different angles.

Seems that's the only time our sport gets any media play, I bet Fram got more exposure out of that crash than they did the entire season!:rolleyes:

It is no different than Del's boomer from last week. They showed it going to and coming back from every commercial break during the little song clips they have. ESPN will beat a replay into the ground, that is for sure.

i rack it up to the might catch a fly with honey type deal.....

Say you don't watch Drag racing.. but you are flipping by and BOOM you see Corey Macs ride flying thru the air.... you gonna keep turning or stop and watch for a few?....they might get someone to hang around and watch that hasn't before....

Fox got me the other night... flipping channels and "Best Damn Sports Show was doing a hardest hit show.. saw two guys colide at a baseball game.. normaly.. i would rather pull teeth with out novacane..... but i watched to see a few more heads get smashed.... i know its sick ..but we all slow down on the highway to look at wrecks....don't we ?.....lol

Billy

Although morbid in a way, you have to admit, it definately draws attention.. I watch Sundays at my local watering hole (good wings, cheap beer, pretty waitresses- what more can you ask for? :D), and EVERY time they showed the crash, one more person would perk up and go "Damn!"... At that point, I could tell them that the driver made it without major injuries and he was running today, and they would watch at least the round, asking questions along the way..

The one that made the whole place go OWWWW was Kaptain K's near the end of the show... EVERYONE couldn't believe that anyone got out of that one alive.. True, its not how we would like the sport to be represented, but most folks don't have the tolerance to watch two cars "supposedly going 200 mph" on TV like we do without something blowing up/ flipping over..:rolleyes:

Although morbid in a way, you have to admit, it definately draws attention.. I watch Sundays at my local watering hole (good wings, cheap beer, pretty waitresses- what more can you ask for? :D), and EVERY time they showed the crash, one more person would perk up and go "Damn!"... At that point, I could tell them that the driver made it without major injuries and he was running today, and they would watch at least the round, asking questions along the way..

The one that made the whole place go OWWWW was Kaptain K's near the end of the show... EVERYONE couldn't believe that anyone got out of that one alive.. True, its not how we would like the sport to be represented, but most folks don't have the tolerance to watch two cars "supposedly going 200 mph" on TV like we do without something blowing up/ flipping over..:rolleyes:

That wouldn't be Hooters by chance would it Martin??:eek:;)

Last edited:
I can see showing it a time or two but goof grief. Dixon's, Cory and Del's accidents were shown non stop. They better be careful if this pulls the ratings up they'll start madating crashes every week:rolleyes:

Then Paul Page saying how he was the sole surivor. My wife perked up and said what a minute I though it was just him that crashed, who died. I had to tell her that I think Paul meant the car didn't survive but is pageniese so I really have no idea

That wouldn't be Hooters by chance would it Martin??
Nope- McGraw's Cantina, where the views inside are just as good as the views outside...

NicsLastShiftJune272007228.jpg

NicsLastShiftJune272007130.jpg

Views from the smoking patio...

I'd put pics of the waitresses, but then Ray would end up stuck at the screen all day and nothing would get sanded...;)

I just sat here for five minutes looking at the cool lightening shots dipstick... :eek: Besides, I got my daily gallery to visit each morning before a hard days work... :p

BTW- 2 more weeks... :D

Instead of lunch, I can peak can't I?? :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back