How 'bout that Nancy Matter?! (1 Viewer)

Buddy

Nitro Member
Its great enough to see a woman qualify at Atlanta in a field that a woman hasn't in over twenty years, but what about two national events in a row for her?!?! Good job Nancy and team!

CJ Curtsinger

Last edited:
Congrats to Nancy.

Bunny Burkett and Melinda Green haven't qualified at an NHRA national event?

Last edited:
I should have specified at the Atlanta event was the 20+ year stretch (if Im not mistaken)... will edit, thanks Tony!

CJ Curtsinger

That car is consistant that's for sure! To qualify with an .86 and run a .87 in the First round. Just need some more HP and she'll be in the game!

Nancy will get there.

She rocks and represents drag racing with class in all aspects.

Go to her website and read her life story..jeez..she won't quit until it's all covered..hehe.

Thanks for the kind words!!!! I was just told by a little birdy that this was up here so I had to search it out LOL

CJ--I did quite a bit of research on this after Atlanta and Bunny Qualified about 4 1/2 years ago at a NHRA National Event and I can't find any with Melinda that are Nationals, only Divisionals. I'm not sure the last time a female (I hate Gender stuff) qualified back to back nationals though in TA/FC. Thank you for putting this thread up here CJ, that was really kind of you!!!!

We're extremely thrilled with how the car is Finally starting to respond, I even dumped the laundry early, so et would have been faster. But MPH for first qualifier was 6th fastest and that was very cool considering all that we've done in the past. My guys are doing such a great job and I really have them to Thank for putting me in a safe car, lap after lap.

We've finally figured out the fuel system a bit, it's not detonating any more, and next is just to start stepping on it which you'll see at the next few races for sure.

Thanks again so much for all the kind words and see you all very soon.

Nancy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back