Hospitality programs (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
I think this year I'm going to try one of the hospitality programs at Chicago. I know quite a few teams offer them. Are there any in particular that stand out? Any personal experiences?

Sorry Dave; remember .......NO team "offers" them. They are arranged soley through the SPONSORS - and are made available exclusivley for customers of the sponsors - nothing to do with race the teams.

The way I see it, you immediatley qualify for a ticket to the US Army area.... why not? You're an American? You pay taxes? Your taxes help fund the Military?? Bingo! :D

I know you can buy tickets to the Matco hospitality from your matco tool guy.
I only use Snap-On and whatever I can find in one of the kitchen drawers...:p 16 years as a machinist...:rolleyes: You can't make me buy new tools to sit in the petting zoo...:D And I'm not a Snap-On sponsored driver fan...:mad: I pitched that idea to them 20+ years ago... Got a free pen, a pat on the head, and the ol boot in the (BEEP), along with a, we will get back to ya... ARGH!! HELLO!!!

And I'm not a Snap-On sponsored driver fan...:mad: I pitched that idea to them 20+ years ago... Got a free pen, a pat on the head, and the ol boot in the (BEEP), along with a, we will get back to ya... ARGH!! HELLO!!!

If I had a dollar for every sponsor idea I had that later on appeared on a racecar, I wouldnt have to look for sponsors anymore :p

Man oh man. While the hospitality is for corporate hospitality it most certainly also is used by the race team.

Erin and I have enjoyed the Kalitta Pitside Experience for the past three years at the CSK race. You have to provide the name of your Mac Tools distibutor (verifying that you are a Mac Tools customer) and it isn't free.
If you can qualify and afford this, you will never get closer to NHRA fuel racing! It's small compared to DSR and DPR, which is a very good thing.
Great food all three days, excellent reserved seats and a staff that wants to answer any technical questions or give you a tour if you are a newbie.
If you are a fuel gearhead, this is a great value - Jim

Erin and I have enjoyed the Kalitta Pitside Experience for the past three years at the CSK race. You have to provide the name of your Mac Tools distibutor (verifying that you are a Mac Tools customer) and it isn't free.
If you can qualify and afford this, you will never get closer to NHRA fuel racing! It's small compared to DSR and DPR, which is a very good thing.
Great food all three days, excellent reserved seats and a staff that wants to answer any technical questions or give you a tour if you are a newbie.
If you are a fuel gearhead, this is a great value - Jim

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I was looking for. I can talk to the Mac tools rep at my office. Obvioulsy by my avatar (Thanks Rich!) I'm a big McCulloch fan ... thus a Capps fan. I would be very interested in the DSR set up. HOWEVER for the money it costs for these packages, I want to make sure I'm getting the best value.

Rich
I'm a long time fan of McCullochs and expecially the Revellution cars. This one is one my favorites. McCulloch sitting against the car made this particular picture pretty cool.

I must say, Mac Tools does do an incredible job.
I can't help but tell you a funny story from a couple years ago in Denver. My (newbie) friend & I were talking about Keith Jackson at his trailer. Keith overheard us talking - my buddy made a comment about him being a "little guy" compared to the full time big boys. KJ butted in and said, "Hey- what are talking about... step into my hospitality area"..... .... he kicked a trash barrel out of the way... laid down a rag in the shade next to the trailer..... and said "have a seat lunch will be served right over there (pointing to a concession stand). "And if you want a real seat.... we've reserved a spot for you over there".... (pointing to a porta-potty). We all had a good laugh.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back