Holley HR Reunion (1 Viewer)

This is our first HHRR, what should we expect, I know it will be great no matter what.

This is our first HHRR, what should we expect, I know it will be great no matter what.

It slow paced like racing in the old days. There will be fuel time runs 2 times a day. Expect about 12 cars all will be around 6 flat. There are many classes of old front engine cars like top gas and jr fuel(alc) only. At Columbus there will be a lot of gasers. Most run on a timed index like 9.0, 10.0 etc. There will be a big Midway with a lot of old cars on display some realy good and some not so good. If you go like we do you can watch the work in progress on these cars. The cackle fest is awsome when all the cars push start and remain running the whole time on 98%. They sound great. Some of them will run exibition. :)

I'll be there. My wife and I are taking our 3 year old twin boys to their first big race. They have been to a couple of local things, but that is it. Should be fun.

What to expect??? Great cars...lots of history...good racing.......BUT MOST IMPORTANT...the opportunity to meet literally dozens of the folks that built this sport over the past 55 plus years. Never have there been so many significant people to drag racing gathered together in one place at one time as there is at a museum's Hot Rod Reunion.

You will have the opportunity to get autographs and photos...but without question, the chance to meet and talk with these folks on a one to one basis is what makes it all worth while.l

Just my opinion, but I have convinced a number of people to join us and to a person...they tell me later they had no idea how good it was till I coerced them into attending. They went home just dumbfounded at what they found.

Look forward to seeing you there.

MaC

What to expect??? Great cars...lots of history...good racing.......BUT MOST IMPORTANT...the opportunity to meet literally dozens of the folks that built this sport over the past 55 plus years. Never have there been so many significant people to drag racing gathered together in one place at one time as there is at a museum's Hot Rod Reunion.

You will have the opportunity to get autographs and photos...but without question, the chance to meet and talk with these folks on a one to one basis is what makes it all worth while.l

Just my opinion, but I have convinced a number of people to join us and to a person...they tell me later they had no idea how good it was till I coerced them into attending. They went home just dumbfounded at what they found.

Look forward to seeing you there.

MaC

Thanks a ton Mac for the feedback. I've been following this sport since the early sixties. went to my first Nationals in '64. I belong to Don Ewalds site and NitroGeezers and just love this stuff. I have been wanting to get to this show for some time and Columbus is a bit closer now. I can hardly wait, hope see a lot of you there.
Leon from Michigan

It slow paced like racing in the old days. There will be fuel time runs 2 times a day. Expect about 12 cars all will be around 6 flat. There are many classes of old front engine cars like top gas and jr fuel(alc) only. At Columbus there will be a lot of gasers. Most run on a timed index like 9.0, 10.0 etc. There will be a big Midway with a lot of old cars on display some realy good and some not so good. If you go like we do you can watch the work in progress on these cars. The cackle fest is awsome when all the cars push start and remain running the whole time on 98%. They sound great. Some of them will run exibition. :)

Thanks John for the feedback, hope to see you all there.
Leon

I will be there with my dad. He is racing is ash gold colored 1968 Chevy Nova in the quick 64 deal.

Nostalgia Nitro Funny Cars invited are Steve Romanazzi's "Warrior" Vega, Gordon Jenner with the "Bubble-up/Pacemaker" Firebird, Bob Godfrey's "Oblivion Express" Camaro, Jim Broome's "Speed Sport" Cuda, Lee Jennings' "Code Red" Challenger, Bucky Austin in the "Northwest Hitter" Arrow, Steve Nichols with the "Mill Road Boys" Camaro and Gary Turner's "Pedaler" Arrow.

It should be worth the price of admission!

I can't wait, it'll be my first time and with Pops and Bob Kushon as my tour guides I should gain a wealth of knowledge.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back