Hi fellow NM posters... (1 Viewer)

misterv

Nitro Member
I've been registered here for a long time, but finally decided I'd better get involved before I completely lose interest. You see, I have about 50 years of history in drag racing to draw from and though I've developed and published a program to make the sport more spectator friendly, more market friendly and more profitable from top to bottom, I've failed miserably in my attempts to find anyone with whom to share it.

My concept is comprehensive and has been years in the making. I neither want nor need anything for my labors...not recognition, not credit and not compensation. My only hope is that drag racers looking for sponsors, track owners/operators seeking SRO crowds and sanctioning bodies that care about generating revenue at the sport's "grass roots" level will open up to what I have to say...they might even learn something in the process. This is not some "pie in the sky" offering...the concept is based on sound logic and imperical knowlege.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone, but c'mon, drag racing's origins mirror that of NASCAR but that is where the comparison ends and there is a very simple reason. I know the reason and I'd sure like to know what others think that reason might be. This is a clue for starters: "If you have any kind of production and people want to see it and will pay for the privilege, you are in show business" (Harry Frazee, owner Boston Red Sox – 1917).

There isn't an operations job at the strip I have't held and together with my track management experience and sports-marketing background, there's a good chance I bring a different perspective to the discussion. Whatever the case, I care deeply in the sport's long-term prosperity and believe things can be different. Your thoughts and comments are welcome and encouraged... :)
[email protected]

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back