Help record drag racing history (1 Viewer)

Draglist

Nitro Member
Halfway through the season, gang. Danny White and the Draglist Super Crew are entering data as fast as we can, but we can always use some help!

We want to list every pro, semipro, exhibition, and quick sportsman racer who ever went down a drag strip. If that includes you, do a search on draglist to see if you are already listed. If so, you can edit your entry online. If you are not listed yet, you can do an Add entry and we'll get you online.

We want a SEPARATE entry for every year you ran, and a separate entry for every driver/car combination (even if a driver only made one pass in a car).

We also have an ability to add photos to any entry, so photogs (amateur or pro), check in to upload your pics. We have a place where you can list your name, email, and website if you want.

PS -- Sportsman and bracket racers are welcome to add their cars to Draglist.com, but we don't have the manpower or resources to track them down from our end. Still, we'll make a place for your car or bike if you post it!

Here are the places to check out:

Search: Draglist.com: Search Drag Racing lists
Add: Draglist.com: User Login
Lists: Draglist.com: Search Drag Racing List

Thanks. bp

I looked at the ones I updated (Gary Clark 1980-81) in TAFC and TAD and they are correct. However we are higher up the list than we should be because not all the teams have posted or upgraded their best ETs/ MPHs for that year. There are some exaggerated (or wrong year) numbers for that time period too. I really appreciate your effort on this project.

Thanks, Dave. We absolutely do need to have more info for some of the teams from that time period (don't even get me started on the pre-1970 days). We are gonna keep digging and get it rolling. That's kind of the cool thing about it... the rankings are great, but every time we find an old piece of info, it's gonna change them a little bit. Tell your old alky racing pals to get up there and do what you did!!! :) bp

Thanks for the great updates today, everyone. Had 40 new or edited entries waiting for me tonight. I really appreciate the help in getting the lists in shape. bp

Hi guys. We have a new input page where you can find your car and see if we have your stats right. Please check out these lists and EDIT what we have if need be. Lots of missing data so go for it. Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks and good luck this racing season. bp

Drag Racing List - Stats and Photos of 70,000 Drag Racers Throughout History
Hey Bill - I added some info to your site for some of those cars I drove... I'm crosseyed now, I'll add some more later....
Denny Savage
P.S. - Great Site!

Hey Bill - I added some info to your site for some of those cars I drove... I'm crosseyed now, I'll add some more later....
Denny Savage
P.S. - Great Site!

Thanks, Denny! What a kick ass job you did on those entries. Man, if everyone would go out there and update their rides like you did, we would be FLYING. Thanks also to another 50 or so guys who came up today, including Dale Hall's son, Dan Bennett and his great pro stock info, and many more. THANKS AGAIN! bp

Wow. This post is almost five years old. Incredible. We are still out here plugging away, and we still would love to hear from all the old racers to see if we have your stats right. It's really gratifying to hear from sons, daughters, grandsons, and granddaughters, too.

Please come on up to draglist.com, do a search on yourself (or your favorite driver, owner, team, etc.) and see what we've got.

There are still tons of holes in our lists, but we are up to 82,000 plus listings now and nearly a third of them have photos. We will take pics, ETs, speeds, hometowns, crew chief names (we are missing thousands of these deserving folks), and anything else that shows up as a blank on our search form.

Hope everyone has a great 2011 racing season and I'll try to stop in more often. bp

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back