HELP! (Computer - wireless mouse kind) (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
I'm about ready to throw in the towel guys.

I'm at the Library again for the wifi... my wireless mouse isn't working. It worked yesterday . I have the receiver pluged in, the mouse is plugged in and the computer is plugged in (the screen is easier to see when it's plugged in')

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and why the mouse isn't working? I can't deal with the touch pad mouse. I'm about ready to pack it in and go home. Depression is a killer, and being online has kept my mind off being out of work. 'Retirement' should be something one enjoys.... not something that one is forced into with no financial safety net.

you know... I saw one of our IT guys remove two of someones mouse pads and leave the person with just one... and put a mouse pad under someone else's. Could it be something that easy? Not being an expert, I wouldn't know after that...

Without actually being able to troubleshoot from here, Jackee..I'd suggest a USB mouse you just plug in and go.

I'll send you one if you need it..it's a cool little miniature..fit in your jacket pocket..let me know..I have your address.

I'm at the Library again for the wifi... my wireless mouse isn't working. It worked yesterday . I have the receiver pluged in, the mouse is plugged in and the computer is plugged in (the screen is easier to see when it's plugged in') Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and why the mouse isn't working? I can't deal with the touch pad mouse. I'm about ready to pack it in and go home. Depression is a killer, and being online has kept my mind off being out of work. 'Retirement' should be something one enjoys.... not something that one is forced into with no financial safety net.[/QUOTE]

Jackee - I assume that the "receiver" is a USB device plugged into the back of the computer. You said that the mouse is plugged in - if it's wireless, that shouldn't be necessary.
All of that being said, I can understand your frustration with the touch pad. I have a Labtec "mini" mouse with a cool retractible cord that plugs into the USB port - no worries with RF interference (which may be what is going on at the library). I don't use it and would be happy to send it to you - send me a PM or email or call me at the shop.
Keep your chin up friend . . . Old dogs CAN learn new tricks! - Jim

Jackee check and see if there is a signal reset button on the bottom of the mouse. My Desktop sometimes losses its signal for the wireless keyboard or the mouse and i have to push the button on the transmitter and then use a pencil point to hit the tiny reset buttons on the mouse or keyboard. Also check your batteries on the mouse.

What did you plug in first, the chicken or the egg?

My wireless mouse doesn't work very well if I plug in the mouse before I turn the computer. So try making sure your computer is up and running and that the USB port recognizes new hardware.

have you tried new batteries? I use a wireless mouse on my desktop and go through them pretty quickly. Because of that I have a stash of rechargable batt's.

have you tried new batteries? I use a wireless mouse on my desktop and go through them pretty quickly. Because of that I have a stash of rechargable batt's.

I have a Logitech Lazer MX something or other and it comes with a rechargeable base. Just a suggestion for your desktop when you need a new one. But beware, two Logitech Lazers do not get along in the same room. Too much interference.

I've had the same problem with my laptop and vista. Sometime's it works, sometimes not. Just going to skip with wireless and get a small USB mouse.

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. Seems the problem was the rechargeable batteries.

I'd plugged the mouse into the laptop, and the lap top into an outlet, thinking the batteries were recharging, but I guess they weren't. I replaced the batteries and it's been working ok since I've been online (since about 3pm) so hopefully, it'll be ok tomorrow at the Library. I'm at my cousin's now.

Not online at home.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back