Harker Family from Aussieland... (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Anyone else notice the new Aussie lass named Kate Harker who will be driving Tom Conway's A/Fuel car this weekend at the Lucas Oil Div. 7 race this weekend? NHRA.COM (link) has a pic of her and she's a cutie...and has an identical twin sister who hopes to race along with her. When I saw the lead story on Nitromater about Steve Harker and his TA/FC and saw he too was from Brisbane, AUS I was like, why does this name sound so familiar. Turns out they are a drag racing family from "down under" that wants to make some noise up here in the U.S. Cool. :cool:

Just a question why was Kate here in the US to get her license?
Does she have a ride over here next year?

steve used to race a TF bike down here in the 80s. Went to a quad can TAFC back in the 90s. Had a McGee engine in it. Perservered with it for a while but eventually went the KN / TFX route. Had a bit of sucess down here but never took the trophy. Really nice guy if anyone spends some time with him. I got hammered with his son a few times at meetings. He is also a pretty fierce tuner of an alcohol motor. Came from Brisbane in Qld.

Cheers
Jason

Kurt,
you need to pay attention to the Aussies a little more. Kate and her sister have been coming to the US for some time now. They have been a part of their dad's team (school permitting) since about 1999 if my memory is correct. I remember them being at Topeka at the national event that year. As noted in Will Hanna's press release both Kate and her sister have some serious seat time down under, starting in junior dragsters and going on to modified eliminator (an e.t based category for dragsters, altereds etc).
Kate has been crewing for her dad this year and did some initial licence runs at Hawley's school before kicking arse in Conway's car to get her final sign off.

Roo Man

Kurt,
you need to pay attention to the Aussies a little more. Kate and her sister have been coming to the US for some time now. They have been a part of their dad's team (school permitting) since about 1999 if my memory is correct. I remember them being at Topeka at the national event that year. As noted in Will Hanna's press release both Kate and her sister have some serious seat time down under, starting in junior dragsters and going on to modified eliminator (an e.t based category for dragsters, altereds etc).
Kate has been crewing for her dad this year and did some initial licence runs at Hawley's school before kicking arse in Conway's car to get her final sign off.

Roo Man

Keith/Roo Man,

I agree with you. Seems like most of the women from down under are good looking, especially those few that are into drag racing. I have dreams of visiting the land from "down under" someday.

PS: I never knew their Dad, Steve Harker had made previous trips up here to race before this year. I did go to Kate's website and read up on the family...and check out some more pics! ;)

When I was attending classes to get my A+ certification, one of my classmates was like, "when I was in the navy one of the places that had the most beautiful women was Australia. Not to mention that if you go there you would have to be the missing link not to score there."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back