Group rumours (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
Here is another rumour with teeth, Van Halen will tour in 07' with a 40 date tour and David Lee Roth is the frontman and Eddy's kid Wolfgang ,(Wolfie),will be playing bass!:eek:
Michael Anthony is no longer in the band, he is touring with Sammy Hagar there are rumblings that Sammy, Michael and Chad Smith the drummer from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are going to make an Album after the Chilli Peppers finish up their Arcadium Tour.
Should be a interesting 07'

I hope Van Halen will tour England as I would like to see them Iive, if you saw them in concert were they better with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?:cool:

I saw Van Halen in May 84 @ the Forum in Los Angeles (last time in L.A. w/ Roth) and they were a little sloppy but was an enjoyable evening. Eddie rips on guitar....
I liked the band better w/ Roth...but Hagar is just as talented..

I saw an article just today that was close to confirming that it is, in fact, happening and will open in Las Vegas possibly as soon as April.

If I can find the article I'll post it for y'all.

Here's one (not the one I read today) E! News - And Van Halen Will Rock - Van Halen | Sammy Hagar

And another: (again, not the one I read) SFGate: Culture Blog! : Van Halen reunites, Second Coming is nigh

I found it.....this is the article I read today: reviewjournal.com -- News - NORM: Roth set to rejoin Van Halen for tour

For what it's worth I also saw/heard/read that the Police are going to reunite and tour.

Last edited:
It's probably going to happen. There are still issues to be resolved.

It's a joke that Ed Van Halen wants to put a 16 year old kid up there to replace LEGENDARY backing vocals. Not to mention the Bass playing portion of it. The kid, by Ed's own admission, has only been playing Bass for 3 months.

Van HALEN was, and will forever, be four guys.
David Lee Roth
Edward Van Halen
Alex Van Halen
Michael Anthony

Sammy Clichegar can keep hawking his crappy tequila, and writing cheesy songs. Van Hagar has not withstood the test of time. The girls he made wet with those sappy love songs, are now middle aged battleaxes that are going through the "change of life".

Lets face it, Van Halen was a great band, and both David Lee Roth and Sammy had thier shining moments.......... Sammy can still rock, even though the "lifestyle" has aged him, BUT... David Lee Roth on the other hand was fried before "left" Van Halen, spandex doesn't do justice to an old guy. Sometimes it's better to just let it go, but I would imagine that after all these years they could use some quick cash. I guess I've seen them five times since 1978 and they always entertained the crowd, the most memorable tours (for me) were the "5150" and the "balance" tour with Sammy..... I saw the Guess Who for free a few years back, they should have "let it go"....sorry, but in the day they were good and I remember paying $7.50 for a ticket, wow that was a few years ago.:p

Last edited:
It's probably going to happen. There are still issues to be resolved.

It's a joke that Ed Van Halen wants to put a 16 year old kid up there to replace LEGENDARY backing vocals. Not to mention the Bass playing portion of it. The kid, by Ed's own admission, has only been playing Bass for 3 months.

Van HALEN was, and will forever, be four guys.
David Lee Roth
Edward Van Halen
Alex Van Halen
Michael Anthony

Sammy Clichegar can keep hawking his crappy tequila, and writing cheesy songs. Van Hagar has not withstood the test of time. The girls he made wet with those sappy love songs, are now middle aged battleaxes that are going through the "change of life".
Thats the funniest thing I've heard in a while, The girls David Lee Roth made "wet" are fixing to draw thier 401K funds...waaayyy past the "change of life" they are Grandma's at this point in life! Sammy can still PLAY GUITAR and rock, David Lee Roth looks like the old dude on that commercial on TV, the one with......whats his name????? I don't want to give you the wrong impression because I think when Van Halen came out they kicked butt, and I love thier music, both old and newer, I think when David Lee Roth "left" it was time to do so.....the band was getting sloppy and drinking and drugs took it's toll, Sammy brought another dimension (and more drinking and drugs) but He made them better musicians because he was a musician, to me "Balance" was one of the best albums of all time, one of those I could be stranded on a desert island with, amongst a few others but I like it that much.

Last edited:
Here's a little trivia for you. Over at classicfunnycarboard, Virgil let us in on the fact that his wife dated Sammy Hagar in high school.

Kenny, didn`t the '5150' tour have Hagar signing (the '5150' album was Sammys debut with VH)? I`m like Terry, I saw Roth and VH on the 1984 tour and they were great. I`ve seen Sammy twice, but not as part of VH (once in `83 on Three Lock Box and in `99 on `Mas Tequila), and for me I`ll always prefer Roth as the frontman. Going to be interesting to see if Diamond Dave still has the voice, or if Father Time has taken it...at least with Sammy, he hasn`t lost much thru the years.

The Roth/Clichegar debate will rage on forever. :D

I've seen every VH tour except 2004. I refused to see that farce.

The Dave era was Van HALEN. The Sam era was Van Hagar. Really, two different bands. A lot of people like both. A lot of people prefer one over the other. Van Hagar did have some decent moments, but will mostly be remembered for their sappy radio hits. Van Hagar was more of a Top 40 band, by design. (By the way, I have hated "Jump" since day 1. So my disdain for the radio friendly stuff isn't limited to the Hagar era)

I have seen Roth a ton of times since 1999. His voice has gotten increasingly better over the last few years, but it's still not what it used to be. There are songs from the old days that he just probably won't be able to do. Not that they would anyway. I'm sure this tour will feature most of the more commercial stuff they've done.

I haven't decided if I will go see this show or not, if it does come to fruition. I have a REAL problem with Ed replacing Michael Anthony with his 15 year old Son. I'm hoping Dave refuses to do the tour without Mike.

Il ilke both Hagar and Roth. I like Roth as a part of the Big VH and I like Hagar as a solo performer. Hagar's solo stuff is awsome Roth's is not. Roth is Van Halen as far as I'm concerned. Hagar is not.

Good luck, Wolfgang..pfft

What, are they broke or something?? I really don't see alot of good coming from this..IMO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back