Gilbertson IHRA season wrap up (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
GILBERTSON FINISHES THIRD IN 2006 EMAX IHRA POINTS STANDINGS, SETS BOTH ENDS OF IHRA NATIONAL RECORDS

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Heading into the 2006 IHRA drag racing season, nitro Funny Car racer Bob Gilbertson had four goals: to qualify number one, set both the elapsed time and mile per hour national records, win races and most importantly claim the eMax IHRA points championship.

Gilbertson achieved three of those goals as he qualified first three times, set the IHRA nitro Funny Car national records at 4.841 seconds at 318.09 MPH and won the IHRA North American Nationals in Epping, N.H. in dominating fashion.

Gilbertson's chances of winning the championship were hampered in June as he missed the Alberta race due to a scheduling conflict and not only didn't he get any points from competing there, he also missed out on getting the 31 bonus points for running all 11 IHRA events.

"I'm pretty pleased with how we did this year although not winning the championship was a big disappointment to not only me but also my team," Gilbertson said. "There were a few races that we screwed up and lost in the first round and combine that with us missing Alberta and not getting the bonus attendance points, that really put us behind the eight-ball."

"I'd like to congratulate Dale Creasy Jr. on winning the championship and Jack Wyatt for putting up a good fight," Gilbertson added. "All of us had a really good time racing for the IHRA and I'd like to thank eMax, Evan Knoll and Torco Racing Fuels and SPEED TV for their support. We'll be back next year with our guns blazing and hopefully be able to knock Creasy off of his throne."

Congrats to Bobby G and the entire Autolite XP/Prestone Team........................

So is Jackie Allen really Surfer Joe? Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

Congrats to Bobby G and the entire Autolite XP/Prestone Team........................

So is Jackie Allen really Surfer Joe? Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

You made me spit out my ice water! :eek: That's funny. :D I've been accused of being lots of things, but never Bobby Doerrer.

No, I'm afraid I'm just Jackee Allen. Just plain ol' me. Sorry if you're disappointed!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back