Genius idea-only needs $50 million (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
As we NHRA members get older and older, living requirements for the older member changes. I had a brainstorm that might be just the ticket for the 60+ NHRA grassroot racer.

How about a 60+ community for old, but active racers. Start with a 1/4 mile track, must be smooth. Lining the track from start line to turn out will be airplane hangers. Nearby on the property would be a complex of one bedroom apartments, all surrounding a cafeteria (done up like the concession stand at OCIR in 1970) and discretely located nearby would also be a small clinic with medical professionals on hand 24-7. Once the old racer got tired of cooking and cleaning for himself, but was still highly motivated to work on the old 1968 Camaro bracket beater he has run for 30 years, he could check himself into this senior home for racers, get shop space for the car and one bedroom apartment(with cleaning service).

Life at this senior facility could be pure bliss. Image, watching the days roll by sitting in a lawn chair in the shop/hanger, waiting for the daily UPS drop from Summit. In the evenings, panel discussions on flags vs. christmas tree or who was really the greatest ever, Big Daddy or Force. Imagine eating OCIR strips and red sauce, chased with an Irwindale era burger. Desert? One pound of ice cream, of course. Who needs a big house when you have a shop and all your buddies nearby.

What a great way to roll through the golden years. Live at a race track, eat track food and have the diabetes clinic an easy golf cart blast away.

" Imagine eating OCIR strips and red sauce". I dream of the day. Never went to the "county" and left without one or two cheese and red sauce stains on the front of my shirt. :)

There is a place here in Florida called the Villages which is in the Ocala area and about 10,000 people live there and many of them are either ex. racers or just Car Crazy kind of guys with street rods.

They have their own car shows and other events going on all year long. One problem might be no drag strip?

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Who wants to hang with a bunch of old farts in God's waiting room all day (and those ex-racers will remember things differently than Lewis Bloom). I know this was offered tongue-in-cheek but being around a gang of just like-minded folks (especially of like age) ain't gonna' keep you sharp.
You might be better off telling your stories at the local High School or Tech classes - might be pleasantly surprised.
and, stay the hell off my lawn!

I think you just need to combine the drag strip with a landing strip and you can probably have enough economic interest (and friends to keep you off of commercial jets!).

In addition to clicking the mic button to turn on the landing lights it could activate folding the tree into an underground protective cover.

Jeff

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back