Gas/Petrol prices (1 Viewer)

Otherside of town from me. Did you try some of the places to eat that we talked about.

When you suggested those restaurants, I told my cousin about them and she said "Oh yeah, I know those places" but by the time I got into town, both my cousin and I couldn't remember the names of the places you suggested. :eek: Were they on "Old Town Front Street"?

We did spend some time at the Temecula Wine & Beer Garden. :D

I just talked to my cousin on the phone again today. I might be going back to Murrieta sometime within the next few weeks. :)

By the way...... Have you ever seen this place? I saw this while dropping my cousin's daughter off at here dance school and had to take a picture of it.

bs.jpg

Front street in Temecula is a lot of fun and some of them were on Front st. Beer and wine garden can get you in trouble(LOL)

I've live in the valley for 30 years and never seen that place but I like the name.

Where did you get your picture taken with the Hawaiian?

Where did you get your picture taken with the Hawaiian?

The picture of me with the Hawaiian was taken the day before the car left Minnesota for the CHRR last year where it made it's debut. (Roland Leong was the grand marshal at that event) The guy who bought and restored the Hawaiian has a shop about 10 miles from my house and I was lucky enough to be there when they started the car for the first time on alcohol. (Roland was the first guy to put nitro in the tank once the car got to California)

Here is a cool picture that I took at a local car show here in St. Paul this past April. Roland came into town to sign autographs and run the car on nitro. The car was on display inside the building but we rolled it outside at 2:30 on Saturday afternoon and fired it on NITRO!! (then pushed it back inside the building)

Left to right.... Chuck Datko (local Top Fuel guy from years ago), Roland Leong, Doc Halladay and Tom Hoover
roland1.jpg

Sorry for the thread derail :)

judging by the look on Chuck's face, Roland must have something in his ear :)...i actually saw this car a couple of weeks ago...Greg Mosely out of Moline, IL bought it earlier this year...he's the same guy that bought and is involved in the restoration of the '69 chi-town car

everytime I see that car, I remember it's first weekend out... metalflake blue fiberglass, primer gray spoilers, and white shoe polish lettering... with help from Big John and the Army...

Brian , I've announced the CHRR for the past 12 years so I got see it last year, pretty darn cool. It was also great to see Larry Reyes, we were friends back in the 60's growing up in orange county.

judging by the look on Chuck's face, Roland must have something in his ear :)

Yeah, I know it isn't the best picture but it's the best one of the two that I have of all four nitro guys posing. Local DIV 5 photographer, Barry Bergeron was taking pictures right next to me so I'm sure better pictures from this day do exist.

Registered member said:
...i actually saw this car a couple of weeks ago...Greg Mosely out of Moline, IL bought it earlier this year...he's the same guy that bought and is involved in the restoration of the '69 chi-town car

I knew he sold it to Greg recently but I didn't mention it. Thats pretty cool that he'll have both the 69 Chi-Town Hustler and the 69 Hawaiian!! Now all he needs to get is the 1969 MR. NORMS Super Charger (which is still in one piece) and he'll have the complete set!!! :)

It was also great to see Larry Reyes, we were friends back in the 60's growing up in orange county.

I have pictures of Larry sitting behind the wheel of the Hawaiian at the CHRR.... thats pretty damn cool!! :)

One of these years I'll make it to Bakersfield. Maybe next year.

Yeah, I know it isn't the best picture but it's the best one of the two that I have of all four nitro guys posing. Local DIV 5 photographer, Barry Bergeron was taking pictures right next to me so I'm sure better pictures from this day do exist.

I knew he sold it to Greg recently but I didn't mention it. Thats pretty cool that he'll have both the 69 Chi-Town Hustler and the 69 Hawaiian!! Now all he needs to get is the 1969 MR. NORMS Super Charger (which is still in one piece) and he'll have the complete set!!! :)

Mr.Norms with painted grill and Barracuda lettered across the front... Name the Race...

and Snow's R&B chassis, torsion bar, direct drive, no reverser car that Jake Johnson drove at the 69 Mfg Meet at The County...

that would give a 4 pack and no two would be remotely alike...

Mr.Norms with painted grill and Barracuda lettered across the front... Name the Race...

I'm not sure which race they had Barracuda painted on the car but I do remember hearing something about that.

This is the car I was thinking of.... I've seen modern day pictures of this car covered in dust in a warehouse.

RMF7008.jpg

Registered member said:
and Snow's R&B chassis, torsion bar, direct drive, no reverser car that Jake Johnson drove at the 69 Mfg Meet at The County...

Is this the Snow car you're talking about?

RMF6910.jpg

Again, sorry for the Nostalgia Funny Car derail in the gas price thread! :eek:

What the heck... Brian

Yepper, that's the R&B car...

in 69, the mini-chargers were too narrow to be legal but the mini chargers were the same width as the 69 'cuda... Mr. Norm was the only charger at Indy in 69... 'cuda grill and all... Charlie Allen had both his Dart and the New Challenger...

and gas was .29 a gallon

What the heck... Brian

Yepper, that's the R&B car...

in 69, the mini-chargers were too narrow to be legal but the mini chargers were the same width as the 69 'cuda... Mr. Norm was the only charger at Indy in 69... 'cuda grill and all... Charlie Allen had both his Dart and the New Challenger...

and gas was .29 a gallon

Thats funny!

I remember hearing that story but forgot about it until you just reminded me. :)

Maybe thats where the idea for today's FC bodies came from. you know..... build a carbon fiber bubble then call it anything you want it to be even though it doesn't look anything like a Ford, Dodge or Chevy.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back