Garlits quest for 200 mph on batteries on hold (1 Viewer)

OK, but my point is why they are making a big deal out of being "the first" to do something that has already been done.

OK, but my point is why they are making a big deal out of being "the first" to do something that has already been done.

Don has clearly stated that he wants to be the first to go over 200 MPH in a battery powered car on the drag strip, not just the first to break 200 MPH. I believe the current record for a battery powered dragster in the 1/4 mile is 7.956 seconds at 159.85 MPH. The current records for doorslammers is of course much slower.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...utting-finishing-touches-on-electric-dragster

Jay.
I have one of the " First in the fives" T Shirts from Larry way back when he was the first MOTORCYCLE to run a five.
I think you can see where i'm going with this?

Well, how about this idea.....its getting close to 50 years since Don Garlits did his first 200 mph run in a top fuel car, why not have a 50 year anniversary pass by doing a first pass over 200 mph in a battery powered car. Just a thought.

Well, how about this idea.....its getting close to 50 years since Don Garlits did his first 200 mph run in a top fuel car, why not have a 50 year anniversary pass by doing a first pass over 200 mph in a battery powered car. Just a thought.

3rd paragraph in the article that Jay referenced in his first post.

And I just had to say it Rick, every time I see your name on a post, the first thing that comes to mind is Rick Astley and getting Rickrolled, LOL!

lol..... I did a parody on that song as a senior in high school in a talent show due to that rickrolled song was played during the school announcements one day.

back to the original thread.... i think its neat if Garlits can do this no matter if he is the 1st to run 200 mph on batteries due to that fact the 50th anniversary of his 1st 200 mph pass at great Meadows back in 1964

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back