Funny Car Bodies (1 Viewer)

timebombkal

Nitro Member
If NHRA were to allow any type funny car body, what kind would you like to see?
right now we only have 3, maybe 4 to choose from.

If NHRA were to allow any type funny car body, what kind would you like to see?
right now we only have 3, maybe 4 to choose from.
Also, I don't think it's up to NHRA, but more of a blessing you would have to get from Ford, Dodge, GM etc......it would be a plus if Nissan, Toyota and Honda were involved.

Last edited:

They've ruined the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. As for bodies

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread or change the subject, but how have they ruined the Truck Series? I'm just curious, because I've never heard that.

Do you think they could ruin NHRA (Funny Car) in the same or a similar way where they could never use Toyota engines?

Just looking for a little insight here?
:eek:

I always did like the Vettes, like Epler,Toliver, Cannon, etc. had at one time. The new 06 Vette with some of the current aero tricks would be bad ass.

nevent23_1.jpg

So I can't read... always thought the stone cold WWf car was a firebird :eek:
Okay, let's bring back the Dura-chrome Bug and the Holy-Teledo Jeep:rolleyes:

i hope to see the new camaro as a funny car. as long as it looks like a camaro.
the new mustang and charger are too aero for me. neither one looks like a mustang or charger. thats goes for the monte carlo also.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread or change the subject, but how have they ruined the Truck Series? I'm just curious, because I've never heard that.

Do you think they could ruin NHRA (Funny Car) in the same or a similar way where they could never use Toyota engines?

Just looking for a little insight here?
:eek:

It's my opinion. Jack Roush has expressed it better than I ever will. In short, Toyota has a history of coming into a series, throwing around boat loads of $$$, raising the cost to compete exponentially for all the teams, loses interest and bailing out altogether. Witness their latest IRL bail out. For the NCTS, before Toyota, it was a small feeder series that ran on short tracks at stand-alone events (no Cup cars on the track that weekend). The teams had no aero programs to speak of. The trucks were bricks and everybody liked them. Now, the NCTS is a full-fledged mini-Cup series with astronomical budgets (the payouts are still a joke). If you're really interested, look up some of Jack's comments in recent newspapers. He makes an eye-opening case against Toyota's involvement in NASCAR.

i hope to see the new camaro as a funny car. as long as it looks like a camaro.
the new mustang and charger are too aero for me. neither one looks like a mustang or charger. thats goes for the monte carlo also.

Refer to The Batmobile, '87, KB was just 20 years ahead of his time... And check out Diamond P's Fabulous Floppers, Snake, KB and Steve, think it was about '83 or so... and the Kenny Youngblood drawings toward the end

It's my opinion. Jack Roush has expressed it better than I ever will. In short, Toyota has a history of coming into a series, throwing around boat loads of $$$, raising the cost to compete exponentially for all the teams, loses interest and bailing out althogether. Witness their latest IRL bail out. For the NCTS, before Toyota, it was a small feeder series that ran on short tracks at stand-alone events (no Cup cars on the track that weekend). The teams had no aero programs to speak of. The trucks were bricks and everybody liked them. Now, the NCTS is a full-fledged mini-Cup series with astronomical budgets (the payouts are still a joke). If you're really interested, look up some of Jack's comments in recent newspapers. He makes an eye-opening case against Toyota's involvement in NASCAR.

Okay I understand now. Thanks. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back