Funniest thing heard at Indy! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
During an Alky FC session, Alan Reinhart announcing that Vern MOats was 67 and still running strong. He then suggested that Vern Probably doesn't remember his first final round losing to Moses back in 1868!

the whole changing gold carts for the mustang keys was pretty good too, especially after the key didn't work.

During an Alky FC session, Alan Reinhart announcing that Vern MOats was 67 and still running strong. He then suggested that Vern Probably doesn't remember his first final round losing to Moses back in 1868!

What were the e.t.'s back then I wonder?:D

The funniest thing I heard at Indy was from former 'Mater Kolster. After Sunday's sessions he walked by Force's pit and Austin Coil was standing out front.

Kolster stopped and asked Coil,
"Hey Austin, does John know how to pick lettuce?"

Coil looked bewildered and asked, "Why?"

Kolster then says..."Because when Head beats him tomorrow he'll be pickin' lettuce back in Yorba Linda."

You should have seen the look on Coil's face. It went from perplexed to total ire in a second.

We told Jim head about it and he laughed his ass off.

Last edited:
Registered member said:
The funniest thing I heard at Indy was from former 'Mater Kolster. After Sunday's sessions he walked by Force's pit and Austin Coil was standing out front.

Kolster stopped and asked Coil, "Hey Austin, does John know how to pick lettuce?"

Coil looked bewildered and asked, "Why?"

Kolster then says..."Because when Head beats him tomorrow he'll be pickin' lettuce back in Yorba Linda."

Yeah,..... Im sure Coil was really impressed by that snappy comment.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just trying to have a little fun....and make a living-LOL

On another subject, I do have to tell you something about Chip Foose. I have met a number of "Guest Celebrities” that are a real pain to deal with and seem like they don’t even want to be there. But Chip was the greatest! We talked about his shop and I told him about mine, we told jokes and traded car stories. And it wasn't just me, he treated everyone he met like a long lost friend. I’m not the least bit of an autograph hunter but I got one from Chip. In case you don’t know, when you ask him for an autograph he asks what kind of car you drive, and then proceeds to draw a picture of the car and sign it. So every autograph is an original work of art. I watched him do about a dozen of them while he was hanging out at the end of the track with us. He did my ’67 Mustang, it is going to be framed and put on the wall of my office.

Alan

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just trying to have a little fun....and make a living-LOL

On another subject, I do have to tell you something about Chip Foose. I have met a number of "Guest Celebrities” that are a real pain to deal with and seem like they don’t even want to be there. But Chip was the greatest! We talked about his shop and I told him about mine, we told jokes and traded car stories. And it wasn't just me, he treated everyone he met like a long lost friend. I’m not the least bit of an autograph hunter but I got one from Chip. In case you don’t know, when you ask him for an autograph he asks what kind of car you drive, and then proceeds to draw a picture of the car and sign it. So every autograph is an original work of art. I watched him do about a dozen of them while he was hanging out at the end of the track with us. He did my ’67 Mustang, it is going to be framed and put on the wall of my office.

Alan

thats cool, although I'm not sure he could do much with my 02 Kia Rio :)

Alan,

That's cool as hell.

I actually took my ex-wife to the Friday night session with our son and all she wanted to do was meet Chip. He was nice as can be and signed a shirt for her. She left saying how she was gonna have good dreams sleeping in it that night.

All I could think of was "Man, I hope they hook up.......then she'd be his problem." :D

Alan

Alan you get my message?:eek:

Yes Joe,
I got it.

Lanny,
If you're talking about my interview from the top end, you should have heard it before John calmed down-LOL

Alan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back