Fuel cars in the 40's (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Fuel cars that have run in the 4.40's(sorry)

I was talking with my brother the other day and in passing he said there could be 10 cars in the 40's for TF qualifying at Pomona. What does everyone think? How many and who will be in the 40's?:confused:

Last edited:
Ya had me there. I was anxiously waiting to see pictures of fuel cars from the 1940's, lol...

I was talking with my brother the other day and in passing he said there could be 10 cars in the 40's for TF qualifying at Pomona. What does everyone think? How many and who will be in the 40's?:confused:
If it stays dry, these Winters could be like the `05 Winters. After rain on Friday, Saturdays sessions yielded about 9 or so cars, (if my memory serves me correctly) that were qualified in the .40s. It was cold and overcast and that Sat, and everybody was hauling ass!

The cars that have run 40's so far in testing are
1) Schumacher
2) Bernstein
3) Kallitta
4) Cory Mac
5) Hillary Will
6) Grubnic
I guess to get to 10 cars, you have to go with..............
Dixon, Fuller, JR Todd, Bazemore, ???????????????? Who am I leaving out?:)

The cars that have run 40's so far in testing are
1) Schumacher
2) Bernstein
3) Kallitta
4) Cory Mac
5) Hillary Will
6) Grubnic
I guess to get to 10 cars, you have to go with..............
Dixon, Fuller, JR Todd, Bazemore, ???????????????? Who am I leaving out?:)

Don't count out Melanie Troxel and Morgan Lucas. Expect to see some impressive runs from these two in Pomona and the rest of the season.

Bump at 4.499...

Are you joking? That's not going to happen this year! You are talking almost a tenth lower then the current quickest field. To even come close to this you will need a high quality car count, perfect weather, and at least 4 qualifying sessions.

I don't know Paul... counting the cars listed, I see 15 that could run/have run .49 or better, and I think Mike K. can get Clay in the 40's... so... heck, we can hope... maybe a .52 is more realistic?

I don't know Paul... counting the cars listed, I see 15 that could run/have run .49 or better, and I think Mike K. can get Clay in the 40's... so... heck, we can hope... maybe a .52 is more realistic?

By no means am I an expert, but it seems like to run in the 40's the car needs to be about perfect. I would just look at the cars that have run in the 40's since the new tire was implemented last year. There are roughly 9 drivers who have run in the 40's since then. I just think there are to many outside variables that can happen in a run that could prevent any of these cars getting into the 40's. I guess we can only wait and see what happens next week. I know I can't wait for next week to get here!

OK....after round one there are 3:)
I thought there might have been a couple more, but it sure looks interesting:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back