Force racing on hiatus? (1 Viewer)

anyone wants to not believe in the virus, go ahead I won't try to change your mind...but just read my posts on being on a ventilator April 2019 and ask yourself if wearing a mask for a while is so hard...

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be more "JFR" mentions on the broadcast because of the absence than if the teams were actually running the event. In a normal year this would be big time news, but this year everything is screwed up. I hope it doesn't become the theme of the race as this would detract from the efforts of those who are there. I read there were 18 TF and 18 FC, but that was NBC and not the NHRA entry list.

Please take the time to talk to a Pathologist, with what that is being reported to us, the cause of death can NOT be determined until a complete autopsy is performed on a person and the death is proven at the cellular level. No where have we heard autopsies are being done on all these folks. Like the senator from Minnesota (Dr. Scott Jensen) said on national news one night, the CDC is telling doctors that if a patient tests positive for this virus, leaves the doctors office and get hits by a bus that causes major organ trauma and dies from that trauma of the accident, the CDC is telling them to put down the cause of death as the virus not the accident. https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

Your comment is interesting:

Please take the time to talk to a Pathologist, with what that is being reported to us, the cause of death can NOT be determined until a complete autopsy is performed on a person and the death is proven at the cellular level. No where have we heard autopsies are being done on all these folks. Like the senator from Minnesota (Dr. Scott Jensen) said on national news one night, the CDC is telling doctors that if a patient tests positive for this virus, leaves the doctors office and get hits by a bus that causes major organ trauma and dies from that trauma of the accident, the CDC is telling them to put down the cause of death as the virus not the accident. https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines.

Here in Florida, we went through a period of a few weeks where our governor told the states 22 state medical examiners NOT to report the cause of death when people died.
The State Medical Exmaninators said this as never been done before and they were not happy about not being able to report the cause of death.

Once the news stations down here found out and it became public knowledge our governor decided to change his mind and he told all 22 state medical examiners to go back to reporting causes of death.

Was this an attempt to try and control just how bad the virus was here in Florida and make the numbers not look has bad?

Jim Hill

Like Quote Reply

Last edited:
I wish someone would clue him in that it's not any worse than the flu that kills far more, by a huge amount than this over hyped virus!

No, it doesn't. In 2018/19 the flu is estimated to have cost about 34,000 lives and it was 61,000 the year before that. COVID has already claimed over 130,000 lives and that is with the social distancing measures we have had in place and perhaps only four months of spread.
Source: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

Please take the time to talk to a Pathologist, with what that is being reported to us, the cause of death can NOT be determined until a complete autopsy is performed on a person and the death is proven at the cellular level. No where have we heard autopsies are being done on all these folks. Like the senator from Minnesota (Dr. Scott Jensen) said on national news one night, the CDC is telling doctors that if a patient tests positive for this virus, leaves the doctors office and get hits by a bus that causes major organ trauma and dies from that trauma of the accident, the CDC is telling them to put down the cause of death as the virus not the accident. https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

OK, so let's say this was hypothetically true - in theory there would be no increase in the overall death rate from all causes, right? But there was, particularly through April, about 35-40% more than expected in fact. So either it's COVID, or you had something else increasing expected mortality in the country by over a third - significant, no?
Source: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Not the end of Drag Racing. The whole sport of NHRA,including the Sportsman Categories had definatly reached a Critical Mass. Just think,after this whole Virus deal plays out,could it be that no more 4-5 day events will exist,and twenty different teams may then show up to qualify in their respective classes for TF, F/C and Pro Stock ? And the whole Sportsman Categories could make a similar shift also ?

This was in USA Today on January 24, 2020.

Developing a universal vaccine for the next outbreak

Another possibility, Fauci said, is to develop a universal vaccine to attack all types of coronaviruses, a sort of insurance policy when the next one is transmitted from an animal to a human.
For now, the agency has prioritized development of a universal flu vaccine, which gets less attention even though the more common illness is far more lethal than the coronavirus. Today, flu vaccines are made each year and tailored to match strains scientists project will circulate before the seasonal flu season begins.
CDC estimates the flu this season has sickened at least 15 million and caused 8,200 deaths, an illness that dwarfs the harm from coronavirus.
"In comparison to flu, the impact on the new coronavirus in the United States will be trivial,"
Schaffner said. "It’s new, it’s novel, it’s mysterious. It started in an exotic place. We are all energized. So it is no great surprise the general public is interested."

CDC is telling doctors that if a patient tests positive for this virus, leaves the doctors office and get hits by a bus that causes major organ trauma and dies from that trauma of the accident, the CDC is telling them to put down the cause of death as the virus not the accident. https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

So where are these "guidelines"? If there were actually guidelines that said this, distributed to all 950,000 physicians in the USA, surely one single doctor would "leak" this communication. Come on, use your brains.

believe me, it's already happening. sportsman races almost every weekend throughout the country that cater directly to the racers, and pay better than nat. events

Mike Larson:
I agree with you and I often wonder if the N.H.R.A. is also paying attention to what is happening right in front of their eyes with the Sportsman Categories.

Jim Hill

This was in USA Today on January 24, 2020.

Developing a universal vaccine for the next outbreak

Another possibility, Fauci said, is to develop a universal vaccine to attack all types of coronaviruses, a sort of insurance policy when the next one is transmitted from an animal to a human.
For now, the agency has prioritized development of a universal flu vaccine, which gets less attention even though the more common illness is far more lethal than the coronavirus. Today, flu vaccines are made each year and tailored to match strains scientists project will circulate before the seasonal flu season begins.
CDC estimates the flu this season has sickened at least 15 million and caused 8,200 deaths, an illness that dwarfs the harm from coronavirus.
"In comparison to flu, the impact on the new coronavirus in the United States will be trivial,"
Schaffner said. "It’s new, it’s novel, it’s mysterious. It started in an exotic place. We are all energized. So it is no great surprise the general public is interested."

Yep, this shows how wrong people were when this virus first came out. It was quickly dismissed as no big deal. What I find the most interesting though is, how people (including the President) are still hanging on to this narrative. "It'll be gone by the summer." "It's no worse than the flu." "It will probably take only 3 months to get a vaccine." If you heard those comments in January, they were questionable, but at least understandable. Hearing those comments now?

Yep, this shows how wrong people were when this virus first came out. It was quickly dismissed as no big deal. What I find the most interesting though is, how people (including the President) are still hanging on to this narrative. "It'll be gone by the summer." "It's no worse than the flu." "It will probably take only 3 months to get a vaccine." If you heard those comments in January, they were questionable, but at least understandable. Hearing those comments now?
every 37 seconds someone dies of a coronary heart issue, in the thick of it most states had .002 of their population die. Thats not even 1%. Make your vaccine and when 50% of americans take it then what. Its BS that outdoor car events can not happen with fans.

every 37 seconds someone dies of a coronary heart issue, in the thick of it most states had .002 of their population die. Thats not even 1%. Make your vaccine and when 50% of americans take it then what. Its BS that outdoor car events can not happen with fans.

The thick of it? The entire country and large portions of the planet were shutdown completely unlike anything ever before to avoid "the thick of it" States like Arizona, Texas, Florida, are just now starting the "thick of it" as they have opened things back up. How can you count stats when all of us were confined to our couches? Automobile accidents/deaths plummeted in the US during March, April, May. So did drunk driving arrests and fatalities. Do you consider motor vehicle accidents and fatalities during March/April/May of 2020 in the USA as valid statistics to prove there aren't many auto related accidents/fatalities in the US?
Just look at Sweden. They're a perfect example. Sweden was one of the few first world countries that didn't go into full lock down mode. They kept schools open to those under 16. They kept most social places open with the only real restriction being no more than 50 people. Another great thing about Sweden is, they track their total death numbers on a weekly/monthly basis. They count total number of deaths and that's it. They don't classify if it's a heart attack, suicide, car accident, covid, all they care about is how many people died in the last week/month. In April 2020 they had more total deaths than any other month in the last 102 years, except for December of 1993 and the flu pandemic of 1918. Meaning, in the last 100 years, April 2020 was their 2nd deadliest month ever. Google "Sweden Death Rates" and you'll see tons of articles. Governments across the globe are following along to see how things play out there.
This virus might be as deadly as the flu, more deadly than the flu, or less deadly than the flu. We still don't really know how lethal it truly is. But what we do know is, it is much more contagious than the flu, or the common cold. Having drag races or sporting events with limited capacities, I agree with you. Packing the stands to 100% capacity, where people are yelling, screaming, licking their fingers after eating their hot dog/turkey leg/cotton candy, then high fiving each other when a touchdown is scored or low E.T. is ran, doesn't seem like a wise decision at this time.

anyone wants to not believe in the virus, go ahead I won't try to change your mind...but just read my posts on being on a ventilator April 2019 and ask yourself if wearing a mask for a while is so hard...

I remember that post. You are lucky as hell to get through that! I had a similar issue last August after returning from a trip to Arizona...my doc reflected and said, "I can almost guarantee you had Covid"...its and its been around for a while

I remember that post. You are lucky as hell to get through that! I had a similar issue last August after returning from a trip to Arizona...my doc reflected and said, "I can almost guarantee you had Covid"...its and its been around for a while

some of my friends thought I could have been patient number one but April was too early....first instances of the virus started showing up here after December I was told. They say that I should get an antibody test and I probably will ask my doctor about it. Maybe you could too. Then , if the virus doesn’t reinfect people who had it already, we could breathe easier.... pun intended

My answer to all this Covid talk, only as it relates to me, is that I will go forward trying to live a "normal" life. I will use social distancing and wear a mask where I don't control the environment. In other words, I wear a mask at Safeway and Home Depot but not out walking the dog because I can always move away from any other people. I am going to Indy this weekend so I will wear a mask in the airport, on the plane and at the races and will keep my distance from others at the races. To me, this is responsible behavior. Others may have a different opinion but what I do should protect me from them. There are no guarantees but there are a lot of negative things in life that you cannot be safe from but we still live our lives.

One of my daughters teacher pals husband came down with it. He was put in the VA on a ventilator and into an induced come for 3 weeks. He is getting out tomorrow after 8 weeks in the hospital. He's lost a lot of weight and need rehab but they say he will recover.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back