Force may be fined $140,000 for "F" bombs (1 Viewer)

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion."
I think that says it all...
Or as a very wise mentor once told me ... "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong"

And you speak for the nhra. You said this and I took it as a threat and something that was going to happen
I would be very surprised if there's not some serious repercussion from this. There's a reason that you don't hear language like that on network TV. Cable is different, but the rules for Network TV are quite strict. An "S" bomb on FS1 isn't the same as an "F" bomb on FOX

If the fcc fines him he needs to step up and understand this is how it it. My comments are entirely concerned with the nhra fining him.

Seems like you need to step away from the computer, Nancy. Wow. A threat? Canceled Indy? Lmao. Wow. Talk about butthurt. Over what exactly?

Hey Bill, go up to the biggest guy in the bar and say FU to his face and tell him its just a word. Then call him puritan. LOL!!🤣
Wayne, I'm not one to go to bars and look for large men but to each their own... Walking up to anyone and saying FU to their face is confrontational and most if any words to follow will do little to quell the emotions they will undoubtedly share in return. What Force did(said) was not directed at anyone in particular nor confrontational, just base somewhat Tribal yell verbage. If someone gets mad or upset it was because they wanted to be mad or up set.
Jim, As for my definition of the word...I do not have one nor did I say I did, I pointed out that the origin of the word stated was incorrect, your story parallels the story about Ship High In Transit origin that goes around and also incorrect. Its not hard to do, just type the word into your search bar followed by "origin" and oops there it is.
And Ted yes it would surprise me that puritans would be drag racing fans, kinda why I said it. No one knows Forces state of mind and how big that win was or wasn't for him except him. I will admit I have let words fly at inappropriate time due to an event or action that pushed that button, even though normally that wouldn't be my conduct.
Until you have walked in the persons shoes you are judging ...lighten up Francis's that all Im saying.

And Ted yes it would surprise me that puritans would be drag racing fans, kinda why I said it. No one knows Forces state of mind and how big that win was or wasn't for him except him. I will admit I have let words fly at inappropriate time due to an event or action that pushed that button, even though normally that wouldn't be my conduct.
Until you have walked in the persons shoes you are judging ...lighten up Francis's that all Im saying.

I guess you've never heard of Racers for Christ.
You ought to attend one of their services and tell them how you don't think they are real fans of drag racing.

Should John win another Wally this season - if he got out of the car, pulled off his helmet and fire sock and had a piece of duct tape across his lips - I will just lose it.

I guess you've never heard of Racers for Christ.
You ought to attend one of their services and tell them how you don't think they are real fans of drag racing.
Puritan means something different to religious. I would think a Puritan is the ‘Won’t somebody please think of the children?!’ type.
Honestly, the power of cuss words (perhaps with the exception of the still powerful c-bomb) has almost faded out now. Any kid who goes to school or plays games online has heard far worse than Mr Force.

Besides, does anybody think NHRA would actually penalize their golden boy for cussing on live TV? He's about all they've got left.
If people want to cuss like the proverbial sailor, that's their prerogative. However, their words say a lot about their true character. Plus, when and where those words are used also says a lot about that person.

Besides, does anybody think NHRA would actually penalize their golden boy for cussing on live TV? He's about all they've got left.
If people want to cuss like the proverbial sailor, that's their prerogative. However, their words say a lot about their true character. Plus, when and where those words are used also says a lot about that person.
This is how you judge a person Ted? Actions will always speak louder than words IMO.

Let's clear the air for this thread and put it's 15 minutes of fame to rest. In today's permissive society the shock value of what happened is over.

1: As I stated, I not a fan of John Force but I respect what he's done for the sport of drag racing.
2: I think the NHRA should a have little talk with him about controlling his mouth and possibly level a token fine.
3: As someone else stated, a lot of drivers have used some Andrew "Dice" Clay language after a loss. But when a microphone is present, they calm down their language.
4: Who's the blame here? Force for getting caught up in the heat of the moment? The media for shoving a mic in his face before he has a chance to calm down? FOX for not exercising the 7 second rule? Whoever is at fault, he did apologize and that was the right to do.
5: Why can't Puratins like drag racing? Let's ask some Amish sitting on a hillside watching a national event.
6: And finally, the origin controversary. Yes, I read about it in Playboy and I figured if anybody knew the correct origin of our beloved "universal adjective", they would.
Mr. Stevens, you told me I was wrong about it's origin and maybe I am, but, if you don't have alternate definition, then how would you know it's wrong? Whatever the definition, the end result is, they all mean the same. And one last thing Mr. Stevens, your Ship High In Transit is really Sewage Hauler In Transit.

The longevity of this thread just shows again how much power that John Force really has. I doubt that any other driver would have had this many posts about them on this subject. Rock on Mr Force you have given a lot of us many years of exciting racing and great entertainment.🥇🥇🥇🥇

Good grief. My response about RFC was NOT about religion. It was in response to the stupid statement that basically said a person who doesn't like to hear cussing could not be a real drag racing fan. RFC has a prominent presence at all NHRA events. But I'm not speaking for RFC. I merely have a feeling most members don't care for such language either. That was the only reason I brought them up. There is no question they are fans of drag racing.
And, nowhere did I pass judgment on anybody's salvation.
There is a HUGE difference between judging somebody's character (which occurs every time somebody attacks the messenger instead of the message), and judging salvation.
It appears common sense, common courtesy and common decency are no longer common.
But I do have to wonder, if the person facing the fine was say, Whit Bazemore, would you folks be as defensive of him as compared to that of Force? Would NHRA look the other way with Bazemore?
In both cases, I bet not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back