Force may be fined $140,000 for "F" bombs (1 Viewer)

what a bunch of bullshit. i understand there are network rules, and john broke one, but in this day and age of hollywood types cursing the president daily about 'racism' and 'gun violence',
yet they turn their cheek and bombard us with those exact themes in the 'entertainment' they shove down our throats in the form of TV shows and movies........i say fine the man, but an extreme
amount IMO only tarnishes the already tarnished rule makers......... john f'd up and he knows it. a public apology by him would be a nice gesture.
Well he apologized within the same few moments after jumping out of the car, so I think he already covered anybody that needed an apology. I'm pretty sure the few here on this forum are the only people even thinking about it 5 days later, lol.

Fox could have bleeped it. There is a time difference between what you see on NHRA-TV and what you see on Fox. I watched both and there was enough delay that Fox could have bleeped it. Regardless what they say about Fox being live it isn't, there is a delay.

Fox could have bleeped it. There is a time difference between what you see on NHRA-TV and what you see on Fox. I watched both and there was enough delay that Fox could have bleeped it. Regardless what they say about Fox being live it isn't, there is a delay.
Not true...Brian Lohnes said it himself on his NHRA Podcast. It was a totally live event with no delay.

There really isn't, NHRA.TV comes from the truck to the internet to you. NHRA on FOX goes from the truck, to the satellite, to the cable companies, (or to your satellite provider) and then to you, that takes a bit of time, but you can't stop it. Once it's launched, it's going to land.

Alan

what a bunch of bullshit. i understand there are network rules, and john broke one, but in this day and age of hollywood types cursing the president daily about 'racism' and 'gun violence',
yet they turn their cheek and bombard us with those exact themes in the 'entertainment' they shove down our throats in the form of TV shows and movies........i say fine the man, but an extreme
amount IMO only tarnishes the already tarnished rule makers......... john f'd up and he knows it. a public apology by him would be a nice gesture.
No not really, their not dropping F bombs on live network T.V.

I like my John Force just the way he's always been....no apologies needed

Fox needed this to learn how to deal with racing folk that are high on a nitro adrenaline rush.....wait a second before shoving the mike in their face....let their crew talk to them first

I was never a John Force fan. He has a bad habit of talking before engaging brain.
Although, I do respect the man for coming up through the ranks and paying his dues to drag racing and basically devoting his life to it. He is a major draw at a race and he certainly knows how to plug sponsors. But that doesn’t give him the privilege to talk like that. There are other drivers in this sport that have accomplished a feat as great or equal as what he did. Shirley Muldowny for female diversity, Kenny Bernstein for breaking the 300 MPH barrier, and of course Don Garlits for perfecting the rear engine dragster. I don’t ever remember hearing them dropping the f-bomb during an interview.
Personally, I think he should be fined and the NHRA and thier/his sponsors should have a long talk with him about this sort of behavior. And a public apology would make a lot of people feel better about it.
If not, then the NHRA will go the way of other Pro sports which I believe promote and encourage this sort of language for the shock value.
By the way, does anyone know the origin and meaning of this word?
In the super religious days of old England, when a man and a woman was caught doing the dirty deed out of wedlock, they were put in a medieval stockade with the words “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” and paraded through the village as form of public humiliation. As time passed, I guess people got tired of using the entire phrase to gossip about who was caught and started using the acronym (the first letter of each word). That acronym has morphed into the universal adjective we all know and use today.

In the super religious days of old England, when a man and a woman was caught doing the dirty deed out of wedlock, they were put in a medieval stockade with the words “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” and paraded through the village as form of public humiliation. As time passed, I guess people got tired of using the entire phrase to gossip about who was caught and started using the acronym (the first letter of each word). That acronym has morphed into the universal adjective we all know and use today.
It actually derives from an archaic German word for “to copulate”, or so I was told by an etymologist, also my German course professor, in college. For unlawful carnal knowledge is a backronym. Yay me for being “mr. correction”

I was never a John Force fan. He has a bad habit of talking before engaging brain.
Although, I do respect the man for coming up through the ranks and paying his dues to drag racing and basically devoting his life to it. He is a major draw at a race and he certainly knows how to plug sponsors. But that doesn’t give him the privilege to talk like that. There are other drivers in this sport that have accomplished a feat as great or equal as what he did. Shirley Muldowny for female diversity, Kenny Bernstein for breaking the 300 MPH barrier, and of course Don Garlits for perfecting the rear engine dragster. I don’t ever remember hearing them dropping the f-bomb during an interview.
Personally, I think he should be fined and the NHRA and thier/his sponsors should have a long talk with him about this sort of behavior. And a public apology would make a lot of people feel better about it.
If not, then the NHRA will go the way of other Pro sports which I believe promote and encourage this sort of language for the shock value.
By the way, does anyone know the origin and meaning of this word?

It actually derives from an archaic German word for “to copulate”, or so I was told by an etymologist, also my German course professor, in college. For unlawful carnal knowledge is a backronym. Yay me for being “mr. correction”
College professors, what do they know? I read this in Playboy years ago, so it has to be true ;). "Backronym: an existing word turned into an acronym by creating an apt phrase whose initial letters match the word, as to help remember it or offer a theory of its origin". Either explanation works for me.

Van Halen put out an album in the 80's, with those famous words, as the title, are y'all sure it didn't come from that !!:oops:
I think that was a boot lag album just before there 1st album in late 77 or early 78. I think the name was We want to F your girl friends?

as long as you don't compare John to VH's "5150" album.......

5150 Hold
Under California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) 5150, an individual can be placed (involuntary) to a locked psychiatric facility, for an evaluation for up to 72 hours. A peace officer, registered nurse, medical doctor, or certain other categories of people may place the hold. Three criteria apply - the individual is assessed to be: a danger to themselves, a danger to others, or "gravely disabled" (per WIC 5008 - such is defined as an individual's lack of ability, due to their mental illness, to provide for their food, clothing, or shelter).

As the individual in question is likely in a state of distress (highly symptomatic), and likely also causing a disturbance in the community, it is not uncommon for police to be the party who places them on the 5150 hold and then takes the individual to the hospital for further assessment. Over the next 72 hours, the hospital / psychiatrist must determine the individuals need for further locked psychiatric detainment. If the individual's condition clears up and they are no longer a danger to others or themselves or gravely disabled, they are released from the hospital. If, however, they remain a danger to others or themselves or continue to be gravely disabled, the hospital/psychiatrist must then request a 5250 hold to thereby keep the individual in the hospital beyond the 72-hour limit of the 5150 hold.

You know what ? John tell NHRA to kiss your ass threaten to pull your cars after the season. They can’t make full fields now. You’re one of the heroes that made them what they are. Maybe the language was inappropriate but this potential fine and Alan’s veiled threat is ridiculous. They are most certainly not everything they think they are. And with that I’ll be canceling Indy for this year. Too bad, it would have been 33 out of the last 36.

Are you serious, Ted?? You shove a mic in the face of a professional athlete moments after intense competition, much less after setting a record so far out of reach that we will likely never see it approached in our lifetime and it surprises you or anybody else that he said what he said? Force runs off at the mouth when everything is normal, let alone in a circumstance like this.

This guy has done more for the sport of drag racing than ANY athlete has done for their respective sport in this lifetime, but we're going to take issue with this incident while we glamorize people like Kaepernick and Rapinoe. Give me a break. What he said was a drop in the bucket compared to what you can tune into every single day on any one of a hundred different cable channels on shows that are scripted. SCRIPTED!!! Lmao!!!

I'm sorry, but the guy gets a pass from me, period.

Sean D
Not to mention the garbage that comes out of some really important people every day

as long as you don't compare John to VH's "5150" album.......

5150 Hold
Under California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) 5150, an individual can be placed (involuntary) to a locked psychiatric facility, for an evaluation for up to 72 hours. A peace officer, registered nurse, medical doctor, or certain other categories of people may place the hold. Three criteria apply - the individual is assessed to be: a danger to themselves, a danger to others, or "gravely disabled" (per WIC 5008 - such is defined as an individual's lack of ability, due to their mental illness, to provide for their food, clothing, or shelter).

As the individual in question is likely in a state of distress (highly symptomatic), and likely also causing a disturbance in the community, it is not uncommon for police to be the party who places them on the 5150 hold and then takes the individual to the hospital for further assessment. Over the next 72 hours, the hospital / psychiatrist must determine the individuals need for further locked psychiatric detainment. If the individual's condition clears up and they are no longer a danger to others or themselves or gravely disabled, they are released from the hospital. If, however, they remain a danger to others or themselves or continue to be gravely disabled, the hospital/psychiatrist must then request a 5250 hold to thereby keep the individual in the hospital beyond the 72-hour limit of the 5150 hold.
After 30 minutes in the rubber room, with John, they would determine they are the ones that are crazy,and let John go. and say thank you for putting the excitement back into DRAG RACING!!!

I miss the good old days.
When everybody wasn't an
Overly sensitive pussy!

You know what ? John tell NHRA to kiss your ass threaten to pull your cars after the season. They can’t make full fields now. You’re one of the heroes that made them what they are. Maybe the language was inappropriate but this potential fine and Alan’s veiled threat is ridiculous. They are most certainly not everything they think they are. And with that I’ll be canceling Indy for this year. Too bad, it would have been 33 out of the last 36.

What veiled threat? I made no threat veiled or otherwise. As a broadcaster (and I have been one for 25 years) you know what the rules are and what the penalty is if you break them. It's a much bigger deal on network than it is on cable. If there is a fine, it will come from the FCC not NHRA. Is that a threat?

And what do you propose that John do for a living after he parks his cars and returns all the sponsor money?

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back