Force may be fined $140,000 for "F" bombs (1 Viewer)

It's true, John was fined. Does anyone think it will make him stop? :)
No, in fact when his shirt sales go through the roof and NHRA gets the rating boosts from newbies wanting to know more about this crazy character I'd say it's a win win and cost effective.

Last edited:
No, in fact when his shirt sales go through the roof and NHRA gets the rating boosts from newbies wanting to know more about this crazy character I'd say it's a win win and cost effective.
And im sure nhra will want their cut lol

Are you serious, Ted?? You shove a mic in the face of a professional athlete moments after intense competition, much less after setting a record so far out of reach that we will likely never see it approached in our lifetime and it surprises you or anybody else that he said what he said? Force runs off at the mouth when everything is normal, let alone in a circumstance like this.

This guy has done more for the sport of drag racing than ANY athlete has done for their respective sport in this lifetime, but we're going to take issue with this incident while we glamorize people like Kaepernick and Rapinoe. Give me a break. What he said was a drop in the bucket compared to what you can tune into every single day on any one of a hundred different cable channels on shows that are scripted. SCRIPTED!!! Lmao!!!

I'm sorry, but the guy gets a pass from me, period.

Sean D
Jackie Robinson...Curt Flood...Billie Jean King.......shall I go on??...and I'll gladly support Colin Kaepernick's protest of police brutality and racial injustice any day over some drag racer's accomplishments.

Jackie Robinson...Curt Flood...Billie Jean King.......shall I go on??...and I'll gladly support Colin Kaepernick's protest of police brutality and racial injustice any day over some drag racer's accomplishments.

I could not agree more.

hey Eugene what happened to the post you made above my post #9 ??? deleted it??
Yes I deleted it right after I posted it because after I reread it I didn't like how I worded it and I didn't want you to think I was trying to bash you so I reposted another one. I still feel Michael Hayes did the right thing pointing out that the thread title was misleading. I had already noticed that as soon as I read it. Time to head to Brainard but keep the posts coming...I enjoy reading them when I have the time.:)

Last edited:
Just read the rules the FCC posts on their site in regards to obscene images or language on network TV. Just like it says, they take in to perspective the context of when the so-called infraction occurred. Plus they don't react unless there is considerable public complaints about the offensive action. Lastly, the punishment for an occurrence varies from a warning, to a fine, to a stations license being suspended.

So unless their are considerable complaints given, I don't see anything happening. In fact, there was a baseball game on Fox less than a month ago where the sound guy picked up a couple F bombs from players in the dugout, and nothing happened at all, not even a warning.

I don't think Ted is being a nancy boy at all. He is a representation of many people and families we all know and I will not disrespect anyone.

A weekly :confused: body function and how we all came to be is nothing to get as bent as many do.

It's not as if cindy passed gas at the dinner table, again ...

I'm around tools and computers, so cut me some slack.

Last edited:
Yes I deleted it right after I posted it because after I reread it I didn't like how I worded it and I didn't want you to think I was trying to bash you so I reposted another one.
I do this all the time. I'm not looking for a word fight, and sometimes that's the way it reads, but it is not my intent to belittle anyone.

Yes I deleted it right after I posted it because after I reread it I didn't like how I worded it and I didn't want you to think I was trying to bash you so I reposted another one. I still feel Michael Hayes did the right thing pointing out that the thread title was misleading. I had already noticed that as soon as I read it. Time to head to Brainard but keep the posts coming...I enjoy reading them when I have the time.:)
I do this all the time. I'm not looking for a word fight, and sometimes that's the way it reads, but it is not my intent to belittle anyone.

This is exactly why I like this site. people actually have respect for each other, unlike some other sites.
No harm done, I will try to be more accurate in the future.

I can't, nor will I disagree with your examples, but I should've added something along the lines of "per-capita" because per-capita I would rank Force's impact on drag racing right up there with anybody with regards their ambassadorship to the sport.

Sean D

what a bunch of bullshit. i understand there are network rules, and john broke one, but in this day and age of hollywood types cursing the president daily about 'racism' and 'gun violence',
yet they turn their cheek and bombard us with those exact themes in the 'entertainment' they shove down our throats in the form of TV shows and movies........i say fine the man, but an extreme
amount IMO only tarnishes the already tarnished rule makers......... john f'd up and he knows it. a public apology by him would be a nice gesture.

Its like this. At the dinner table one evening, my youngest son ( 10 ) asked. Who decided the word F**K was a bad word ?
I think the FCC with some help from George Carlin has this pretty well covered.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back