For all of you whiners about Somoma Q2 (1 Viewer)

TF CREW

Nitro Member
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
To our fans:

We were disappointed and embarrassed by the scheduling problems on Friday night of the FRAM Autolite NHRA Nationals that forced the cancellation of the second Top Fuel dragster qualifying session.

As background, Infineon Raceway operates under a use permit in Sonoma County that requires us to complete all racing on that Friday at 10pm. Because of the popularity of nitro racing under the lights, we have traditionally scheduled the second pro qualifying session as late as possible to increase the chances those cars will run after sunset. Obviously, we pushed that effort too far this year, and more importantly, we and the NHRA competition staff did not react properly when it was clear the delays on the track were pushing the schedule even later.

We are reviewing all of the factors that contributed to this problem and you have my personal guarantee it will not re-occur at future events. However, that doesn't change the fact that race fans missed an important part of this year's show. Although we can't recreate Friday night for this year's NHRA event, we do want to offer some additional value to make up for the shortfall.

If you attended Friday night of the FRAM Autolite NHRA Nationals and purchased your ticket at the gate, we would like you to be our guest for the 2010 Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma, August 22nd, featuring Danica Patrick, Dario Franchitti, and all of the other stars of the IZOD IndyCar series. If you have not attended this race in the past, I hope you will make a point to join us and see why this is the fastest growing event on our calendar.

To claim your FREE ticket, please mail your gate ticket stub for Friday, July 16 with your name, address and phone number to the Infineon Raceway Ticket Office, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA 95476

If you have questions or would like additional information on the IndyCar event, please visit our website, infineonraceway.com, or call (800) 870-RACE (7223).

We blew it and we apologize. We appreciate your loyalty and support and hope to see you back at the track.

Best wishes,

Steve Page
President & General Manager

Connect with us:

Text the word SONOMA to 41411 to receive mobile alerts from Infineon Raceway

©2010 Infineon Raceway
800-870-RACE · infineonraceway.com

You have received this email from Infineon Raceway because you signed up through our website to receive offers, or because you purchased tickets to one of our events. If you do not wish to receive offers from Infineon Raceway, you may unsubscribe. If you have any questions, you may contact us.

LEGAL NOTICE: This e-mail may be considered an advertising or promotional message. To unsubscribe from future mailings, please refer to the instructions above. Please be aware that we may continue to contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding purchased tickets from Infineon Raceway ticket office, online and other transactions you have undertaken. By law, such messages are not considered to be commercial e-mail. Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 & 121, Sonoma, California 95476

The 'whiners' had a legitimate reason to do so at the time. Period.

Infineon Raceway's GM has made a public apology and an fair compensation offer. Exactly how things should be handled. People are forgiving once they recognize sincere repentance. So, accept his apology, enjoy the Grand Prix race and consider the case closed.

good for them, glad they did it and hope the locals there can take advantage of the trade in ticket

I could see any track running into curfew problems when your running Pro mods and/or Alcohol cars on top of the Pro cars. But for just running the Pro's with the sportsman cars didn't make sense curfew wise. Then I looked at how late Q1 was and I could see why it ran so late!

Better planning by NHRA could have avoided the problem. Sure, Densham's explosion didn't help, but NHRA shouldn't cut it so close. I left after Pro Stock so the cancellation of Top Fuel didn't affect me. However, it was really cold Friday night so I felt bad for the people that hung in there and then had Top Fuel pulled out from under them. Weather is uncontrollable so you can't complain when a session gets cancelled because of rain. In this case, it was not Mother Nature's fault.

This is a great example of how you handle a mis-step correctly. Kudos to the folks at Sears Point (sorry, infineon...) for stepping up.
Tim

Granted I probubly could have titled this diffrantly and am tired of all the NHRA bashing from grandstand crew chiefs, But as part of a TF crew you come to accept the fact that sometime $h*t happens. The way NHRA delt with the situation was the fairest way. Plus I like the fact that I was part of the team that still has the 2nd Quickest 1000ft ET ever there. Which I am sure it the track temp hadnt dropped, that and Antron's track record ET would have been beaten.

And I wanted to commend Infineon Raceway there due props for on the letter to their fans trying to make a resolution for the situation and especially to my friends in the front office

Last edited:
let me have your ticket then . I will hang out with Danica for the day.

Eug,
I'll see you there, but because I like my girls with generous curves, I will hang out with the hot and sexy, lovable, rolling chicane that is Milka Duno.
Here is a pic from the Long Beach race earlier this year:

j10r9v.jpg

There was a blurb in the news about the IRL putting her on probation the rest of the year because her inability to drive competitively, and otherwise poor decision making on the track.

Eug,
I'll see you there, but because I like my girls with generous curves, I will hang out with the hot and sexy, lovable, rolling chicane that is Milka Duno.
Here is a pic from the Long Beach race earlier this year:

j10r9v.jpg
Paul if you go to google and click images, and type in her name, you will see some pretty good pic's.

There was a blurb in the news about the IRL putting her on probation the rest of the year because her inability to drive competitively, and otherwise poor decision making on the track.

She was successful in lower classes of competition, but is clearly way over her head in IRL. The joke is that she is a "mobile chicane".

Another case of a sponsor with two much money "buying" a ride for a second class driver. Dale Coyne Racing needs her to survive, but at what cost to the rest of the field?:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back