Firebird International Raceway in trouble with EPA (1 Viewer)

Gee, must be different as a sportsman, then. One of our favorite tracks is in Mission, BC. Run the same leaded fuel there as here. Make the border crossing in perhaps under a minute, once through the waiting line, in both directions. They welcome us with open arms.

Gee, must be different as a sportsman, then. One of our favorite tracks is in Mission, BC. Run the same leaded fuel there as here. Make the border crossing in perhaps under a minute, once through the waiting line, in both directions. They welcome us with open arms.

When the Leaded Ban went into effect, wasn't it early/ mid-90's? I gather they relaxed the restictions since then, but NHRA made a call when it affected the Sanair race that they obviously haven't looked back upon...

Last edited:
The leaded racing fuels exemption expires Jan. 1, 2010 in Canada.

After surfing the first five pages of the mater today in total disgust, then reading this thread with more nitpicking, fault finding and total lack of regard or respect for another human being, I remember how and why all of the big names and real pro racers, owners, sponsors and builders were driven away from the Mater.
We have let this happen to our site by not standing up when this garbage started, now look what we have left . . .

(From azcentral.com)

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says it has fined Firebird International Raceway nearly $32,000 for hazardous waste violations.

EPA inspectors say they discovered four hazardous waste violations at the Chandler facility in July 2006.

So it took them almost 4 years to levy the fine?

After surfing the first five pages of the mater today in total disgust, then reading this thread with more nitpicking, fault finding and total lack of regard or respect for another human being, I remember how and why all of the big names and real pro racers, owners, sponsors and builders were driven away from the Mater.
We have let this happen to our site by not standing up when this garbage started, now look what we have left . . .

Amen BUZZZZ!

It's not as bad as it was, Buzz. (hey that rhymes). When you see sh!t..call 'em on it. From what I've seen, most threads have a way of working out. Someone is a toad..they get called out and it usually doesn't escalate from there.

Man..it certainly was way bad a couple years ago. But you are right..there's about a half dozen that respond to everything whether they have anything to say or not..LOL.

I personally appreciate the Miller's 'round here..so don't be going anywhere, eh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back