"Fast" Eddie Takes The Win! (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
On this day, the 25th, "Fast" Eddie Shartman in his Air Lift Rattler took the win over the Gay Bros. Firebird. In what was one of the all-time greatest 1-day Funny Car Meets ever, the 54th anniversary of Orange County International Raceway's unique Manufacturers Funny Car Championships. This race has been a favorite of mine ever since that November Saturday. I have every possible publication that carried this event.

Years ago with the help of ace photographer Jere Alhadeff, I have all 30 starters in a pretty cool photo album with all the stats, round by round, run by run results. Throw in the Mike Jones and staff had 15 alternates standing by to fill in for any team member that broke. A sold out and packed like sardine's crowd was on hand. This is the race that cemented my opinion that Terry Hedrick was a beast behind the wheel.

To show the power of the class, Lions had a "King of the John Doe's" meet with a 16-car field that same weekend, it was a glorious time indeed.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer....a basket of OCIR strips...livin' large.

On this day, the 25th, "Fast" Eddie Shartman in his Air Lift Rattler took the win over the Gay Bros. Firebird. In what was one of the all-time greatest 1-day Funny Car Meets ever, the 54th anniversary of Orange County International Raceway's unique Manufacturers Funny Car Championships. This race has been a favorite of mine ever since that November Saturday. I have every possible publication that carried this event.

Years ago with the help of ace photographer Jere Alhadeff, I have all 30 starters in a pretty cool photo album with all the stats, round by round, run by run results. Throw in the Mike Jones and staff had 15 alternates standing by to fill in for any team member that broke. A sold out and packed like sardine's crowd was on hand. This is the race that cemented my opinion that Terry Hedrick was a beast behind the wheel.

To show the power of the class, Lions had a "King of the John Doe's" meet with a 16-car field that same weekend, it was a glorious time indeed.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer....a basket of OCIR strips...livin' large.
Mark you need to post pictures, so the younger maters on here know what the hell you are talking about.
As for Jere Alhadeff one of my all time favorite drag racing photographer. Bought some photos from him
30 plus years ago. And of course they are B+W. Still think B+W photos are the most bitchin ever!
Pulsator1.jpg

Jere Alhadeff Photo 1967 "The Pulsator" AA/FD Just Bitchin!!!
It looks like Bob Muravez is lookin right at Jere!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back