Fantasy Time-If You Had A Drag Strip? (1 Viewer)

I'll make it easy...Orange County International with a longer shut-down area. This was a good-size track but still had the intimacy that the bigger tracks are missing. Every Saturday I'd run 64 funny cars. And have Bill Doner still alive to run the place. Anyway, this is a great question....Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, I think the number of drag strips will decrease in the next decade.

i would buy famoso raceway and not change anything.
The one thing at Famoso that I think was a mistake is the lights. They should have been on the pit side not the camping side. At night, all the pit side bleachers are blinded by the lights.
famosolights.jpg

just a great, regular drag strip. good enough to be considered for a divisional, but too small for a nat. event.
clean, great track, timing for 1/8 and 1/4, and within 90 miles of at least a 500k population. seating for about 3-5k.
climate to allow for at least 8-9 months of racing.

A few things for the perfect track
1. Multi section spectator parking with dedicated lanes to each section.
2. Parking lot Tram that lets you off at prepaid - CC or cash Kiosk's.
3. Airport type beltway to stands - concessions - Pit entrance.
4. Seperate Pit entrance gates and access lanes for Sportsman - Pro - Etc.
5. Multiple permanent restrooms for Stands and in Pits.
6. Strong WiFi that reaches whole facility.
a. Link to tower for spectators with info on cars running - up next - elimination ladder - Driver / CC info - next class etc..
b. Link for Racers that gives Weather - Track info (Temp - Bumps - Etc.) - Time left before next round
7. Trap door that drops Jerk who stands up in front of you on every pass into drain oil tank .;)

A few things for the perfect track
1. Multi section spectator parking with dedicated lanes to each section.
2. Parking lot Tram that lets you off at prepaid - CC or cash Kiosk's.
3. Airport type beltway to stands - concessions - Pit entrance.
4. Seperate Pit entrance gates and access lanes for Sportsman - Pro - Etc.
5. Multiple permanent restrooms for Stands and in Pits.
6. Strong WiFi that reaches whole facility.
a. Link to tower for spectators with info on cars running - up next - elimination ladder - Driver / CC info - next class etc..
b. Link for Racers that gives Weather - Track info (Temp - Bumps - Etc.) - Time left before next round
7. Trap door that drops Jerk who stands up in front of you on every pass into drain oil tank .;)

#6 cannot be overstated. Now it is all about fan engagement and multimedia interaction with handheld devices (smartphones). Not to mention were you even really there if you don't post about it on FB or Instagram or make TikToks? You wanna get the under 30 set out to the track, make it to where they can easily post about it and other kids will come. They want to experience things in the real world, they just want virtual "clout" to go with it.

e.t. slips have started to appear on cell phones instead of traditional paper slips. a wifi situation that is becoming more prevelant, and caused quite a mixup/maylay at a race earlier this year.

#6 cannot be overstated. Now it is all about fan engagement and multimedia interaction with handheld devices (smartphones). Not to mention were you even really there if you don't post about it on FB or Instagram or make TikToks? You wanna get the under 30 set out to the track, make it to where they can easily post about it and other kids will come. They want to experience things in the real world, they just want virtual "clout" to go with it.
Tiktok?? Does this mean we're doing a tiktok dance at the next race?!?! lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back