Factory Modifieds *Is there a chance for a comeback* (1 Viewer)

Great article. Can't say I knew much about that class. It would be cool to see it again, but I'd be quite surprised to see it.

One question - Is the former W.J. car, among the pictures, the one that Amato just bought at Barrett Jackson?

Great article. Can't say I knew much about that class. It would be cool to see it again, but I'd be quite surprised to see it.

One question - Is the former W.J. car, among the pictures, the one that Amato just bought at Barrett Jackson?

I would say it is, it sure looks like it.

What I found to be most interesting in the article was Freeman's comments that lack of participation was the final nail in the coffin that was F/M. But on the flip-side, there seemed to be tons of trucks showing up for P/ST on the NHRA side, but they shuffle it out.

That being said, it was always kinda' my opinion that the Pro Stock Truck class was NHRA's answer to IHRA's Factory Modified as far as having a stepping stone to Pro Stock. Personally, with the alcohol classes being bonafide stepping stones to their fuel counterparts, Pro Stock needs something similar. Some would probably argue that there are several classes in competition eliminator that accomplish that task, but to me it's too dissimilar having to run against a wide variety of combinations, on a handicap tree to boot. I say bring 'em back and run them on a similar schedule as the alcohol cars, both Nationally and Divisionally.

Just my .02

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back