Exposure to the max! (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
To promote the NHRA Divisional race this weekend at Woodburn, we did a big forth of July Parade today in Independence Oregon. What a great place to show off our new Rocketeer Dragster! At the parade, we tossed out our new t-shirts at random. After that was over we had the car on display at the viewing area where the firworks display was going to be. We gave out about 200 posters and 5.00 off coupons for the race as there was nearly 20,000 people in attendance. The people there loved the dragster as it was the only car on display. We drew a big crowd up until to the fireworks show began.

Last edited:
To promote the NHRA Divisional race this weekend at Woodburn, we did a big forth of July Parade today in Independence Oregon. What a great place to show off our new Rocketeer Dragster! At the parade, we tossed out our new t-shirts at random. After that was over we had the car on display at the viewing area where the firworks display was going to be. We gave out about 200 posters and 5.00 off coupons for the race as there was nearly 20,000 people in attendance. The people there loved the dragster as it was the only car on display. We drew a big crowd up until to the fireworks show began.

And you didn't start it up???:cool:

Rich:

Great job. That is exactly the kind of thing we need to promote our great sport and gain the interest of people who otherwise would not think about attending a race.

And you didn't start it up???:cool:
in another thread he mentioned he doesn't do that anymore since going to this new motor combo with aluminum rods.

BTW, Rich always does nice displays that attract quite a few people. Not many other drag racers go out of their way and spend so much time to promote their sponsor(s) and the sport.

"he doesn't do that anymore since going to this new motor combo with aluminum rods."

This got me thinking.... Most pro teams have an old chassis that they use for displays. Would it be an idea to have an engine put together that is just capable of "running" (bad rings, old sleeves, etc.) that you could use for the "cackle display" at these types of events.

Just a thought....

when we use to race our injected car and SC car I use to fire it up all the time I even did it during a parade a few times. Then we went blown and all that stopped. That would have been a cool thing to do at that show and I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone asked. We never did burnouts though. Also, I think the public at least around here is pretty foregiving about what happend in Selma.

when we use to race our injected car and SC car I use to fire it up all the time I even did it during a parade a few times. Then we went blown and all that stopped. That would have been a cool thing to do at that show and I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone asked. We never did burnouts though. Also, I think the public at least around here is pretty foregiving about what happend in Selma.

I can understand the Aluminum Rods and all, but even during a warm-up for something like this a Throttle rap to 5,000 RPM wouldn't hurt anything would it? Since I'm sure you probably turn that thing 8,000 on every Pass right?

its just that the more you fire it the less life the rods have or so I've been told. Also, I don't like to fire it when the crew chief is unavailable. When he is and if it's something for the sponsor then it's a little different. You can see a pic from the event at www.capracing.com

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Nancy, great story on Compplus about you!!

Rich, the new car looks great!
2519335260062377662wXiGTq_ph.jpg

Thanks Mike, stop by this weekend. Sannon came by yesterday and we rolled out the red carpet for him and a "friend"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back