Enders/ Pro Stock Championship (1 Viewer)

Horsepower & Heels

Nitro Member
Curious and hoping someone way better at math/ NHRA points can help me:

So with 2 left, Enders is 125 points behind for the championship. What would mathematically have to happen the next two races for her to win?

She would have to win 6 more rounds (out of 8) than AJ does....and out qualify him enough times to earn 6 little points.....perhaps set a national record.

I'm happy for Erica's success, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. Just curious on what they were looking at.

How many points are awarded per round, qualifying, and bonus? I couldn't find it on NHRA.com.

20 points per round, 20 for a national ET record (none for mph record), and I think the "little points" are 3, 2, 1 for the top 3 of each qualifying session.

Okay, thanks. Just curious on what they were looking at.

How many points are awarded per round, qualifying, and bonus? I couldn't find it on NHRA.com.

Erica,

Points are awarded this way:

NHRA NATIONAL EVENTS

Winner 100
Runner-up 80
Third-round loser 60
Second-round loser 40
First-round loser 20

Additional points are awarded at national events as follows:

10 points to all contestants - one qualifying run required.
20 points for establishing an official e.t. record.

Performance bonus points are awarded for each qualifying session as follows:

Low e.t. of each session 3
Second-quickest 2
Third-quickest 1

Performance bonus points WILL NOT be awarded for any session unable to be completed.

Qualifying positions earn points as follows:

1st 8
2nd 7
3rd 6
4th 5
5th & 6th 4
7th & 8th 3
9th thru 12th 2
13th thru 16th 1

The other way to look at it is, you can only make a MAX of 150 points per race. So really, Erica is actually 25 points away from being eliminated, as opposed to being 125 out of first. If AJ outqualifies her and goes one more round than she does, it's over. Actually since the record is not likely to be set in Pomona, If AJ makes the semis, Erica is done no matter what she does.

So do I, he's come a long ways to get to this point in his career to let it slip away now. The good thing is, Brutus has a badass hot rod going in to the last two events. ;)

I noticed all the top teams including nobile has the new weld rear lighter wheels,AJ doesnt,might not hurt to get em lol. I think Aj would really have to screw up to not win.

Miss Ortiz, untill Erica is mathematically eliminated from first, theres always a chance. We all remember "THE RUN" by Tony Shoe a few years ago.
While I agree it's not likely, it's not impossible,...yet.

A great season for Erica. Will have many oppurtunities for a championship imo. Hope AJ can finish the deal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back