Elite HP (1 Viewer)

chop

Nitro Member
After Q3 the Elite P/S cars are 2MPH faster than the KB cars & Troy Jr is 2.5 MPH faster That's very impressive.

If you just look at Greg's #1 run then yes. But he did run 206.61 which only puts him 1 and 1.5 MPH back. But last I checked MPH does not mean that much. #7 Cristian Cuadra 206.92 # 12 Mason McGaha 206.95

Stan

If you just look at Greg's #1 run then yes. But he did run 206.61 which only puts him 1 and 1.5 MPH back. But last I checked MPH does not mean that much. #7 Cristian Cuadra 206.92 # 12 Mason McGaha 206.95

Stan

MPH is a direct result of HP 2 MPH in a PS car is 20-30 HP that is huge

I would have to question that 20 - 30 HP more.....
2 - 3 HP at the flywheel difference in the top tier cars is more realistic. Attitude of the car from the shocks and even where the chutes come out could come into play as well as even somehow reducing mechanical “Drag” from really minor things could possibly make the difference. I remember the Pro Stock bikes picked up several MPH from underneath a couple of years ago. Boats pick up a ton from the finish on the bottom - Golf Ball “dimples” can make a major difference in their flight from less resistance. It could be something like the headers. I rerouted the headers on the “Strega” P51 a few years ago (Their Specs) and it picked up 34 MPH. The side of the airplane was really charcoal but it was fast. When these P/S engines have reached close to their peak the next logical advantage will be in the car or the driveline. I wouldn’t be surprised if those cars are able to flex and change shape at speed. When The Toyotas in NASCAR gained enough advantage to win a race and be fined $100,000 for a 3” x 11” .012” thick piece of tape UNDERNEATH the wrap Aero is fairly important.

Last edited:
So, I am glad I am able to get everyones interest peaked. I came to this conclusion using HP to MPH calculators for 1/4 mile.
If you do not use in 1/4 mile distance the result is 2-3 HP as stated above. 2 MPH in 1/4 mile takes much more power. MPH increases at that level need HP increase exponentially to make the MPH increase by 2.

It used to be 1 mph was 35 ish horsepower. The rev limiter changed the game. The quickest way to the finish line now is to hit the limiter just before the stripe so mph ain't what it once was. Changing gearing (both trans and rear) and tire size it more of the equation now that it was before.

Now if you hit the limiter at 1150' adding a tire that is 1/2 inch taller is the fix.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back